First Behind-the-Scene Look at 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug'
Peter Jackson is offering the first look at "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug". Fans, who could not participate in a livestream event exclusively for the purchasers of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Blu-ray, can now watch the six-minute excerpt of the March 23 event via a YouTube video.
During the event, Peter showed some clips, behind-the-scene footage and concept art, as well as took some questions. The lifelong Tolkien fan, Stephen Colbert, even made an appearance to ask the New Zealand filmmaker an incredibly in-depth question about the elves of Mirkwood.
The sneak peek also includes behind-the-scene look at newcomers in the second installment of "The Hobbit" film series. Joining the original cast members such as Orlando Bloom and Lee Pace are Welsh actor Luke Evans as the Laketown warrior Bard the Bowman and Canadian actress Evangeline Lilly as the elf Tauriel.
In addition to posting the excerpt, Peter announced on April 1 that editing on the third film, "The Hobbit: There and Back Again", would start next week. "A lot of that movie was shot nearly a year ago, so I'm looking forward to seeing it come alive, shot by shot in the cutting room. It's like assembling one of those complex 2000-piece jigsaw puzzles," he wrote on Facebook.
"The Desolation of Smaug" is set to hit U.S. theaters on December 13, while "There and Back Again" will be released on July 18, 2014.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week