Video: Jimmy Fallon and Jay Leno Address 'Tonight Show' Switch Rumors With Duet
Jimmy Fallon and Jay Leno prove that there are no hard feelings between them despite reports that the former will take over "The Tonight Show" from the latter. True to their comedic route, the two hosts teamed up for a parody to address the transition rumors.
The skit, which played in a Monday, April 1 episode of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", opened with Leno being hounded by reporters who asked him about his future on "Tonight Show". From his Burbank studio, he made a call to Fallon in New York. Asked by Fallon how he's doing, Leno said, "I'll live I've been through this before. I'll admit I'm a little sick of all this."
After making sure they are still friends, they launched into a rendition of "Tonight" from 1961's Broadway musical "West Side Story". Changing the lyrics to describe their current situation, Fallon sang, "In the news all the say is I'm replacing you, they think I can woo the demo," while Leno sang his part, "Tonight, tonight, I've got FOX on the line, or maybe I could take over for Dave."
Sources said the musical bit was Fallon's idea. The "Late Night" producers reportedly flew to Los Angeles to film Leno's part after he agreed to do it.
NBC has not made any announcement about the alleged "Tonight Show" transition although rumors have spread like wild fire that Fallon will replace Leno as late as fall 2014.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer