Video: Jimmy Fallon and Jay Leno Address 'Tonight Show' Switch Rumors With Duet
Jimmy Fallon and Jay Leno prove that there are no hard feelings between them despite reports that the former will take over "The Tonight Show" from the latter. True to their comedic route, the two hosts teamed up for a parody to address the transition rumors.
The skit, which played in a Monday, April 1 episode of "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon", opened with Leno being hounded by reporters who asked him about his future on "Tonight Show". From his Burbank studio, he made a call to Fallon in New York. Asked by Fallon how he's doing, Leno said, "I'll live I've been through this before. I'll admit I'm a little sick of all this."
After making sure they are still friends, they launched into a rendition of "Tonight" from 1961's Broadway musical "West Side Story". Changing the lyrics to describe their current situation, Fallon sang, "In the news all the say is I'm replacing you, they think I can woo the demo," while Leno sang his part, "Tonight, tonight, I've got FOX on the line, or maybe I could take over for Dave."
Sources said the musical bit was Fallon's idea. The "Late Night" producers reportedly flew to Los Angeles to film Leno's part after he agreed to do it.
NBC has not made any announcement about the alleged "Tonight Show" transition although rumors have spread like wild fire that Fallon will replace Leno as late as fall 2014.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom