Seth Rogen and James Franco Make 'Pineapple Express 2' Faux Trailer for April Fools' Day
Seth Rogen and James Franco reprise their roles as Dale Denton and Saul Silver in a faux trailer for "Pineapple Express 2". The clip, however, is just an April Fools' prank and intended to promote Rogen and Franco's upcoming comedy film "This Is the End".
The preview catches glimpses of the cast ensemble of the Judd Apatow-produced film, including Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride. Franco and Rogen are given a task to assasinate Woody Harrelson, played by Hill. The video ends with all of them chattering followed by a quick promotion of "This Is the End".
"Pineapple Express" is a stoner comedy film which was a sleeper hit in the summer of 2008. Directed by David Gordon Green, the film was inspired by Brad Pitt's Floyd in "True Romance". "It would be funny to make a movie in which you follow that character out of his apartment and watch him get chased by bad guys," Apatow said. Because of his brilliant performance in the film as Saul Silver, Franco earned a Golden Globe nomination in 2009.
Rogen and Franco's upcoming film "This Is the End", meanwhile, follows six guys who must face the true meaning of friendship and redemption as cataclysmic events devastate the Los Angeles area.
The film marks the directorial debut of Rogen and Evan Goldberg. Featuring celebrity cameos by Rihanna, Michael Cera, Emma Watson and Aziz Ansari, the comedy movie will arrive in U.S. theaters on June 12.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3