'ER' Actor Mekhi Phifer Marries Longtime Girlfriend
Mekhi Phifer, who played Dr. Greg Pratt on TV series "ER", married his girlfriend Reshelet Barnes on Saturday, March 30 at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, according to E! News. The wedding was witnessed by 100 family and friends.
Phifer, who wore a white suit, made his entrance to Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky", while the bride walked down the aisle in "Here Comes the Bride". Phifer's son and a chihuahua were also part of the ceremony.
An eyewitness said, "When she made her entrance into the courtyard, Mekhi was completely overcome with emotion and you could tell she took his breath away. He had to wipe tears from his eyes for several minutes." The ceremony lasted for 15 minutes as the couple exchanged rings and participated in a sand ceremony.
In the sand ceremony, the couple mixed two different colors of sand into a container. The ceremony symbolizes hope that the marriage would last as long as the time needed to separate the grain of sand. The ceremony was concluded with standing ovation from the guests.
Phifer previously got married to actress Malinda Williams from 1999 until 2003. They have a son named Omikaye. He also has another son, Mekhi Thira Phifer Jr., from ex-girlfriend Oni Souratha.
Phifer took part in several movies such as "O", "8 Mile", "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" and "Honey". He also made appearance in music videos, including Eminem's "Lose Yourself" and 50 Cent's "Many Men (Wish Death)".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard