'ER' Actor Mekhi Phifer Marries Longtime Girlfriend
Mekhi Phifer, who played Dr. Greg Pratt on TV series "ER", married his girlfriend Reshelet Barnes on Saturday, March 30 at the Montage Hotel in Beverly Hills, according to E! News. The wedding was witnessed by 100 family and friends.
Phifer, who wore a white suit, made his entrance to Stevie Wonder's "Ribbon in the Sky", while the bride walked down the aisle in "Here Comes the Bride". Phifer's son and a chihuahua were also part of the ceremony.
An eyewitness said, "When she made her entrance into the courtyard, Mekhi was completely overcome with emotion and you could tell she took his breath away. He had to wipe tears from his eyes for several minutes." The ceremony lasted for 15 minutes as the couple exchanged rings and participated in a sand ceremony.
In the sand ceremony, the couple mixed two different colors of sand into a container. The ceremony symbolizes hope that the marriage would last as long as the time needed to separate the grain of sand. The ceremony was concluded with standing ovation from the guests.
Phifer previously got married to actress Malinda Williams from 1999 until 2003. They have a son named Omikaye. He also has another son, Mekhi Thira Phifer Jr., from ex-girlfriend Oni Souratha.
Phifer took part in several movies such as "O", "8 Mile", "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" and "Honey". He also made appearance in music videos, including Eminem's "Lose Yourself" and 50 Cent's "Many Men (Wish Death)".
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'