Lollapalooza 2013 Official Line-Up Confirms Mumford and Sons and The Cure as Performers
After an initial announcement two weeks ago that Grammy Award-winning act Mumford & Sons will perform, the complete line-up for the 2013 Lollapalooza was officially revealed. Others set to play in the August 2-4 music festival in Grant Park in Chicago were earlier reported acts The Cure, The Killers, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix, and Postal Service.
The said acts' participation in the three-day summer music fest will follow their headlining performances in other notable events. Mumford & Sons takes the spotlight at the 2013 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee that will run from June 13 to 16 while French alternative rock band Phoenix headlines the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2013 in Indio, California in April.
Meanwhile, the Trent Reznor-fronted NIN has included their Lollapalooza stint as part of their extensive "full-on arena" tour that begins in the summer. The Killers reprises their 2009 Lollapalooza appearance while The Cure will be making their highly expected debut this year.
Based on the official schedule, NIN and The Killers will topbill on August 2 (Friday), Mumford & Sons and Postal Service headline the next day, August 3 (Saturday), while The Cure and Phoenix will wrap up the festivities on August 4 (Sunday).
Other notable performers in the list are top rapper 2 Chainz, indie pop star Lana del Rey, and rock band Queens of the Stone Age, who also played at Lollapalooza Brazil last weekend.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics