Heidi Klum Rescues Son and Two Nannies From Riptide in Hawaii
Heidi Klum's Hawaiian vacation during the Easter break almost turned into a tragedy. When swimming in the water of an Oahu beach on Sunday, March 31, her son Henry and two nannies nearly drowned when a dangerous riptide dragged them into deep water. Fortunately, the German supermodel and her boyfriend Martin Kirsten immediately rescued them from drowning.
Heidi explained to Us Weekly the details of the terrifying experience. "We got pulled into the ocean by a big wave. Of course, as a mother, I was very scared for my child and everyone else in the water," she said. "Henry is a strong swimmer and was able to swim back to land. We were able to get everyone out safely."
Photos of the incident obtained by Entertainment Tonight show the "America's Got Talent" judge and her beau making the heroic actions to save Henry and two nannies, who were initially trying to rescue the 7-year-old boy.
Before the incident took place, Heidi posted on Twitter a picture of colorful eggs hidden along the shoreline. "Happy Easter!" she wrote in the photo caption. The 39-year-old model and her four children, Leni, Henry, Johan, and Lou headed to the island on March 24 during Easter break. Martin, who previously worked for the "Project Runway" host as her bodyguard, came along with the family.
Heidi has been dating Martin since September 2012. In an interview with Bunte magazine last November, she confessed that she's "in love" with her former bodyguard. "He's been helping me for four years now, and he takes wonderful care of the kids," she said. "He plays with them, he protects them. I trust him."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'