Lily Collins Saved by Jamie Campbell Bower in New 'Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' Trailer
A new trailer for "The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones" has just landed online via Apple, sharing more scenes from Clary Fray's life as an ordinary teen girl. The 15-year-old girl's life, however, changes in just a day after she meets Jace, a Shadowhunter, and returns home only to find that her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon.
Also part of the Shadowhunters, half-angel, half-human warriors who destroy demons on Earth, Carly uses her newfound gifts to save her mother. Holding the key to survival, Clary must decide whether to help Jace with his ambition to save the world, or to trust Alec, another Shadowhunter who cleary doesn't support Jace's agenda.
Lily Collins is cast in the lead role of Carly, starring opposite Jamie Campbell Bower who plays Jace. Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Lena Headey, Kevin Zegers and Jared Harris join the cast ensemble of the action fantasy film, which is based on the first book of Cassandra Clare's "The Mortal Instruments" series.
"The special effects and the CGI are going to be incredible, but it's not a film based on that," Collins says of what will lure people to watch the film. "It just adds to the other elements of the film. We've kept the humor [from the book], and we've really made it about human emotion and character."
"I'm just excited to see the action and giggle and swoon over the romance. I hope that everyone loves it as much as I loved making it. I would love to play Clary over and over again," she adds.
The Harold Zwart-directed movie will open wide in theaters across the U.S. on August 23.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March