Lea Michele Is 'Proud' of Cory Monteith for Deciding to Go to Rehab
Lea Michele spoke out about boyfriend Cory Monteith's decision to treat his substance addiction by entering a rehabilitation center. On Sunday, March 31, the 26-year-old actress said in a statement, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
Earlier in the day, a representative for Monteith revealed that the "Glee" actor "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The representative said, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery,"
Monteith has been open about his struggles with drinking and substance abuse. In a 2011 interview, the 30-year-old star said that he entered a rehabilitation center when he was 19.
Although Monteith is away in rehab, the filming of two left episodes of the fourth season of "Glee" will proceed as scheduled. "Cory is a beloved member of the 'Glee' family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," said 20th Century Fox TV in a statement. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
More Lea Michele News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'