Lea Michele Is 'Proud' of Cory Monteith for Deciding to Go to Rehab
Lea Michele spoke out about boyfriend Cory Monteith's decision to treat his substance addiction by entering a rehabilitation center. On Sunday, March 31, the 26-year-old actress said in a statement, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
Earlier in the day, a representative for Monteith revealed that the "Glee" actor "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The representative said, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery,"
Monteith has been open about his struggles with drinking and substance abuse. In a 2011 interview, the 30-year-old star said that he entered a rehabilitation center when he was 19.
Although Monteith is away in rehab, the filming of two left episodes of the fourth season of "Glee" will proceed as scheduled. "Cory is a beloved member of the 'Glee' family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," said 20th Century Fox TV in a statement. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
More Lea Michele News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off