Lea Michele Is 'Proud' of Cory Monteith for Deciding to Go to Rehab
Lea Michele spoke out about boyfriend Cory Monteith's decision to treat his substance addiction by entering a rehabilitation center. On Sunday, March 31, the 26-year-old actress said in a statement, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
Earlier in the day, a representative for Monteith revealed that the "Glee" actor "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The representative said, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery,"
Monteith has been open about his struggles with drinking and substance abuse. In a 2011 interview, the 30-year-old star said that he entered a rehabilitation center when he was 19.
Although Monteith is away in rehab, the filming of two left episodes of the fourth season of "Glee" will proceed as scheduled. "Cory is a beloved member of the 'Glee' family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," said 20th Century Fox TV in a statement. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
More Lea Michele News
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert