Lea Michele Is 'Proud' of Cory Monteith for Deciding to Go to Rehab
Lea Michele spoke out about boyfriend Cory Monteith's decision to treat his substance addiction by entering a rehabilitation center. On Sunday, March 31, the 26-year-old actress said in a statement, "I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this. I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
Earlier in the day, a representative for Monteith revealed that the "Glee" actor "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The representative said, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery,"
Monteith has been open about his struggles with drinking and substance abuse. In a 2011 interview, the 30-year-old star said that he entered a rehabilitation center when he was 19.
Although Monteith is away in rehab, the filming of two left episodes of the fourth season of "Glee" will proceed as scheduled. "Cory is a beloved member of the 'Glee' family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," said 20th Century Fox TV in a statement. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
More Lea Michele News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video