Video: Taylor Swift Sings Train's 'Drive By' With Frontman Pat Monahan
Taylor Swift brought out as her special surprise guest, pop rock band Train's frontman Pat Monahan. The two sang Train's hit song "Drive By" in front of a delighted crowd at the Prudential Center on Friday, March 29.
During the intro, Swift told the audience that inviting her special guest to that night's show was her way of saying thanks for the Garden State's support. Then Monahan stepped out and started singing the opening verse and just as quickly, his voice was drowned out by the crowd's shrieks. Swift let Monahan first take the spotlight until the hook before she joined him for the second verse.
The gracious concert headliner made sure her special guest got lots of love from her fans in the arena, encouraging them to hold their hands up while they sang along, even dancing onstage and clearly enjoying herself and the thought of having one of her favorite singers on her show. She really worked up the crowd and tried to get close as possible to the concertgoers as she sang both her old chart-toppers and current hit songs.
The 23-year-old entertainer even tweeted after the show, "Tonight Pat Monahan from @Train showed up to sing 'Drive By' with us!! One of my favorite singers, and favorite songs. Newark was a PARTY."
Lena Dunham, who watched the concert, raved on Twitter, "The @taylorswift13 show tonight=most life-affirming thing I've experienced (NOT hyperbole. After all, haven't yet been to a gay wedding.)"
Taylor Swift and Train's Pat Monahan performing "Drive By" live in Newark:
More Taylor Swift News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March