Cory Monteith Will Miss 2 Final Episodes of 'Glee' Season 4 Due to Rehab Stint
Cory Monteith's Finn won't be seen in the last two episodes of "Glee" season 4 as the actor has checked into rehab while the show hasn't completed the filming of the season. However, production will go as scheduled, with Finn's absence explained, Deadline reports.
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," 20th Century Fox TV, which produces the musical series, says in a statement in response to Cory's decision to enter rehab. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
Monteith, through his representative, confirmed on March 31 that he "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The rep added, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
Though his character Finn was among those who graduated in the end of "Glee" season 3, Monteith still regularly appears on the show. The 30-year-old Canadian is currently dating co-star Lea Michele, who has also shown her support to the actor's decision and intends to "stand by him through this."
Monteith had previously undergone a treatment program for substance abuse, checking into rehab when he was 19.
More Glee News
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports