Cory Monteith Will Miss 2 Final Episodes of 'Glee' Season 4 Due to Rehab Stint
Cory Monteith's Finn won't be seen in the last two episodes of "Glee" season 4 as the actor has checked into rehab while the show hasn't completed the filming of the season. However, production will go as scheduled, with Finn's absence explained, Deadline reports.
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment," 20th Century Fox TV, which produces the musical series, says in a statement in response to Cory's decision to enter rehab. "Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
Monteith, through his representative, confirmed on March 31 that he "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction." The rep added, "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
Though his character Finn was among those who graduated in the end of "Glee" season 3, Monteith still regularly appears on the show. The 30-year-old Canadian is currently dating co-star Lea Michele, who has also shown her support to the actor's decision and intends to "stand by him through this."
Monteith had previously undergone a treatment program for substance abuse, checking into rehab when he was 19.
More Glee News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered