Princess Diana Dressed as a Man and Was Snuck by Freddie Mercury Into a Gay Bar
Cleo Rocos revealed that Freddie Mercury once took Princess Diana on a night out during the 1980s. In her new book, "The Power of Positive Drinking", Rocos wrote that along with Kenny Everett, she accompanied the pair to Royal Vauxhall Tavern in London. She claimed that the frontman of Queen disguised the princess as a man before he smuggled her into the gay bar.
Rocos said the late princess was barely recognizable while dressing in an army jacket, cap and sunglasses. "When we walked in... we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute. But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it," Rocos recalled. "She did look like a beautiful young man. She was always a very fit girl, so they might have thought, 'There's a nice young man with pert buttocks.' "
According to Rocos, the bar was packed that night, but the presence of Mercury, Everett and herself helped divert attention from Diana so that she could order drinks at the bar. "We were nudging each other like naughty schoolchildren. Diana and Freddie were giggling, but she did order a white wine and a beer," she explained. "It was fabulously outrageous and so bizarrely exciting."
"Never has going to a bar been quite so exhilarating and fun. We then made a swift exit, a cab was hailed and we whisked Diana back to Kensington Palace. The jolly queens queuing outside unknowingly waved back as their 'queen of hearts' waved goodbye. Not a single person ever found us out," she continued.
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap