Princess Diana Dressed as a Man and Was Snuck by Freddie Mercury Into a Gay Bar
Cleo Rocos revealed that Freddie Mercury once took Princess Diana on a night out during the 1980s. In her new book, "The Power of Positive Drinking", Rocos wrote that along with Kenny Everett, she accompanied the pair to Royal Vauxhall Tavern in London. She claimed that the frontman of Queen disguised the princess as a man before he smuggled her into the gay bar.
Rocos said the late princess was barely recognizable while dressing in an army jacket, cap and sunglasses. "When we walked in... we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute. But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it," Rocos recalled. "She did look like a beautiful young man. She was always a very fit girl, so they might have thought, 'There's a nice young man with pert buttocks.' "
According to Rocos, the bar was packed that night, but the presence of Mercury, Everett and herself helped divert attention from Diana so that she could order drinks at the bar. "We were nudging each other like naughty schoolchildren. Diana and Freddie were giggling, but she did order a white wine and a beer," she explained. "It was fabulously outrageous and so bizarrely exciting."
"Never has going to a bar been quite so exhilarating and fun. We then made a swift exit, a cab was hailed and we whisked Diana back to Kensington Palace. The jolly queens queuing outside unknowingly waved back as their 'queen of hearts' waved goodbye. Not a single person ever found us out," she continued.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce