Princess Diana Dressed as a Man and Was Snuck by Freddie Mercury Into a Gay Bar
Cleo Rocos revealed that Freddie Mercury once took Princess Diana on a night out during the 1980s. In her new book, "The Power of Positive Drinking", Rocos wrote that along with Kenny Everett, she accompanied the pair to Royal Vauxhall Tavern in London. She claimed that the frontman of Queen disguised the princess as a man before he smuggled her into the gay bar.
Rocos said the late princess was barely recognizable while dressing in an army jacket, cap and sunglasses. "When we walked in... we felt she was obviously Princess Diana and would be discovered at any minute. But people just seemed to blank her. She sort of disappeared. But she loved it," Rocos recalled. "She did look like a beautiful young man. She was always a very fit girl, so they might have thought, 'There's a nice young man with pert buttocks.' "
According to Rocos, the bar was packed that night, but the presence of Mercury, Everett and herself helped divert attention from Diana so that she could order drinks at the bar. "We were nudging each other like naughty schoolchildren. Diana and Freddie were giggling, but she did order a white wine and a beer," she explained. "It was fabulously outrageous and so bizarrely exciting."
"Never has going to a bar been quite so exhilarating and fun. We then made a swift exit, a cab was hailed and we whisked Diana back to Kensington Palace. The jolly queens queuing outside unknowingly waved back as their 'queen of hearts' waved goodbye. Not a single person ever found us out," she continued.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards