Artist of the Week: Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne is not going anywhere and definitely not straying from the chart despite his recent health scares that prompted rumor suggesting he nearly died. The Young Money prominent rapper is expected to return to the top spot on Billboard Hot 200 with his newly-released studio album "I Am Not a Human Being II".
Weezy is battling for the top stop on the U.S. album chart against Blake Shelton, who also just released new record "Based on a True Story...". The dreadlocked MC is predicted to easily beat the country music crooner by selling between 190,000 to 210,000 copies in its first week based on one-day estimates.
It's Weezy's first album since 2011's "Tha Carter IV". He sold a pleasing 964,000 copies in its debut week, posting the biggest sales week for a male solo artist of all time after Usher's "Confessions" (1.10 M), Garth Brooks' "Double Live" (1.09M), and another of his monster album "Tha Carter III" (1M) before Justin Timberlake barged in earlier this year with "The 20/20 Experience" (968,000).
In an effort to promote his new album for a better reception from the fans, Weezy is going to visit big cities across North America for a new America's Most Wanted Music Festival. This time around, he will take T.I. and Future on the two-month trek starting July 7 at Birmingham's Oak Mountain Amphitheater.
More Lil Wayne News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie