Artist of the Week: Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne is not going anywhere and definitely not straying from the chart despite his recent health scares that prompted rumor suggesting he nearly died. The Young Money prominent rapper is expected to return to the top spot on Billboard Hot 200 with his newly-released studio album "I Am Not a Human Being II".
Weezy is battling for the top stop on the U.S. album chart against Blake Shelton, who also just released new record "Based on a True Story...". The dreadlocked MC is predicted to easily beat the country music crooner by selling between 190,000 to 210,000 copies in its first week based on one-day estimates.
It's Weezy's first album since 2011's "Tha Carter IV". He sold a pleasing 964,000 copies in its debut week, posting the biggest sales week for a male solo artist of all time after Usher's "Confessions" (1.10 M), Garth Brooks' "Double Live" (1.09M), and another of his monster album "Tha Carter III" (1M) before Justin Timberlake barged in earlier this year with "The 20/20 Experience" (968,000).
In an effort to promote his new album for a better reception from the fans, Weezy is going to visit big cities across North America for a new America's Most Wanted Music Festival. This time around, he will take T.I. and Future on the two-month trek starting July 7 at Birmingham's Oak Mountain Amphitheater.
More Lil Wayne News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip