'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Addiction
Cory Monteith has checked into rehab to deal with substance abuse, his representative confirms the news to PEOPLE. The actor himself tweeted last Thursday, March 28, "Such a beautiful day! truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude."
The 30-year-old actor/musician, who's dating co-star Lea Michele, "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep says. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
It's not Monteith's first visit to rehab. The Finn Hudson of "Glee", who has been open about his past struggles with substance addiction, previously entered rehab when he was 19.
"I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he said in 2011. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
More Cory Monteith News
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online