'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Addiction
Cory Monteith has checked into rehab to deal with substance abuse, his representative confirms the news to PEOPLE. The actor himself tweeted last Thursday, March 28, "Such a beautiful day! truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude."
The 30-year-old actor/musician, who's dating co-star Lea Michele, "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep says. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
It's not Monteith's first visit to rehab. The Finn Hudson of "Glee", who has been open about his past struggles with substance addiction, previously entered rehab when he was 19.
"I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he said in 2011. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
More Cory Monteith News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis