'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Addiction
Cory Monteith has checked into rehab to deal with substance abuse, his representative confirms the news to PEOPLE. The actor himself tweeted last Thursday, March 28, "Such a beautiful day! truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude."
The 30-year-old actor/musician, who's dating co-star Lea Michele, "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep says. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
It's not Monteith's first visit to rehab. The Finn Hudson of "Glee", who has been open about his past struggles with substance addiction, previously entered rehab when he was 19.
"I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he said in 2011. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
More Cory Monteith News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'