'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Addiction
Cory Monteith has checked into rehab to deal with substance abuse, his representative confirms the news to PEOPLE. The actor himself tweeted last Thursday, March 28, "Such a beautiful day! truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude."
The 30-year-old actor/musician, who's dating co-star Lea Michele, "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep says. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
It's not Monteith's first visit to rehab. The Finn Hudson of "Glee", who has been open about his past struggles with substance addiction, previously entered rehab when he was 19.
"I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he said in 2011. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings