'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Enters Rehab for Substance Addiction
Cory Monteith has checked into rehab to deal with substance abuse, his representative confirms the news to PEOPLE. The actor himself tweeted last Thursday, March 28, "Such a beautiful day! truly seeing the forest for the trees. #gratitude."
The 30-year-old actor/musician, who's dating co-star Lea Michele, "has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction," his rep says. "He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
It's not Monteith's first visit to rehab. The Finn Hudson of "Glee", who has been open about his past struggles with substance addiction, previously entered rehab when he was 19.
"I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too," he said in 2011. "But for those people who might give up: Get real about what you want and go after it."
More Cory Monteith News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt