'Fast and Furious 7' May Begin Shooting This Summer
"Fast and Furious 6" won't open in U.S. theaters until May 24, but the seventh installment of the "Fast and Furious" film franchise may already be in the works. On March 30, Vin Diesel took to Facebook to tease Universal Pictures' plans for the upcoming "Fast and Furious 7".
The Dominic Toretto depicter first posted a photo of himself with a caption saying, "There was an early screening in LA this week of 'Fast 6'. The crowd reaction was surreal... and their demand for the continuation was powerful."
Then, the 45-year-old actor hinted that the seventh installment of the car-racing film series would begin soon, saying, "It's remarkable to think I first embodied this character in 1999... and the evolution continues... Filming begins this summer in LA, where it all started... talk about a studio in sync with the audience."
Rumors about "Fast 7" have recently floated around. The upcoming speed action film reportedly has tapped Jason Statham as Ian, the older brother of "Fast 6" villain Owen Shaw played by Luke Evans. Even though there is no official statement about who will serve as the director and the writer, it is speculated that Justin Lin and Chris Morgan will be teaming up again.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App