'Fast and Furious 7' May Begin Shooting This Summer
"Fast and Furious 6" won't open in U.S. theaters until May 24, but the seventh installment of the "Fast and Furious" film franchise may already be in the works. On March 30, Vin Diesel took to Facebook to tease Universal Pictures' plans for the upcoming "Fast and Furious 7".
The Dominic Toretto depicter first posted a photo of himself with a caption saying, "There was an early screening in LA this week of 'Fast 6'. The crowd reaction was surreal... and their demand for the continuation was powerful."
Then, the 45-year-old actor hinted that the seventh installment of the car-racing film series would begin soon, saying, "It's remarkable to think I first embodied this character in 1999... and the evolution continues... Filming begins this summer in LA, where it all started... talk about a studio in sync with the audience."
Rumors about "Fast 7" have recently floated around. The upcoming speed action film reportedly has tapped Jason Statham as Ian, the older brother of "Fast 6" villain Owen Shaw played by Luke Evans. Even though there is no official statement about who will serve as the director and the writer, it is speculated that Justin Lin and Chris Morgan will be teaming up again.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says