Justin Bieber's Pet Monkey Seized by German Customs
Justin Bieber had to let his pet monkey Mally be quarantined in Germany. On Saturday, March 30, an official said that Bieber who landed at Franz Josef Strauss Airport in Munich on Thursday, could not provide documents needed to bring the capuchin monkey to the country. Therefore, his pet had to stay with the authorities, said customs spokesman Thomas Meister.
"The animal required a certificate of health and other authorizations. You cannot just land with a wild animal and bring it into the country if the flight has not originated from another EU country and you don't have the proper paperwork," said the official.
According to The Sun, the pop star was detained "for some time" while German customs officials were taking the monkey from him. The primate would be kept in the airport with Bieber's expense. The singer reportedly would be fined more than 10,000 Pound sterling or $15,000.
A source said that the "Baby" singer would be upset to be apart from his pet. "Justin has been acting like a right diva. He is out of control and lives in an alternative reality to the rest of us. He didn't think about the potential risks of flying a monkey from one continent to another. He and Mally go everywhere together. He will be heartbroken it has been put in quarantine," said the source.
Bieber performed in Munich on Thursday as a part of his "Believe" European tour. He had a gig in Austria on Saturday. In addition, Bieber is scheduled to perform in Germany over the next week.
More Justin Bieber News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics