First Teaser of 'True Blood' Season 6: The Tyrant Is Rising
Shortly after announcing the premiere date of "True Blood" season 6, HBO debuted the first teaser for the show's upcoming chapter. Picking up where the fifth season finale left off, the sneak peek features Bill, who has transformed into a bloody creature, threatening, "You're all gonna burn."
Eric runs away with Sookie but they are cleary not safe as the elevator they're in is stuck. Eric is seen posing as a detective in another scene, saying, "If the humans want war, we'll give them war."
Tara and Pam are at each other's throat again, while Alcide tears off his shirt in anger. Jason meets a mysterious man played by Rutger Hauer, and the video offers a glimpse of another new character, whose face is barely seen since it's hidden under his hat. Hinting at the looming danger, a voiceover says, "The tyrant is rising...it is the beginning of the end."
"True Blood" will return with new episodes starting Sunday, June 16 at 9 P.M. on HBO. Brian Buckner was tapped as the new showrunner in the middle of the sixth season production, replacing Mark Hudis who left the show "to focus on development under his overall deal" with HBO.
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing