Meryl Streep's Daughter Splits From 'Vampire Hunter' Star Benjamin Walker
Mamie Gummer, the second eldest of Meryl Streep's four children with sculptor husband Don Gummer, calls it quits with "Vampire Hunter" actor Benjamin Walker. "It's very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly. "[The split] is very new."
The couple first met while performing together in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". They announced their engagement in October 2009. He "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she said back then. "My mom loves him!"
Mamie and Ben then married in her family's Connecticut estate in July 2011. He spoke fondly of his wife just earlier this year in January when doing an interview with New York magazine. "She was the Uma to my Keanu," he sang high praise for the actress.
The actress, 29, texted him twice during the sit-down to check in. "She always worries about me in these things, and rightfully so," he said after the second text. "I don't have much experience doing it, so I never know when I'm going to sound like an a**."
Aside from the "Emily Owens, M.D." actress, Meryl Streep who married Don Gummer 35 years ago has one son, musician Henry Gummer, 33, and two other daughters "Smash" star Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now