Meryl Streep's Daughter Splits From 'Vampire Hunter' Star Benjamin Walker
Mamie Gummer, the second eldest of Meryl Streep's four children with sculptor husband Don Gummer, calls it quits with "Vampire Hunter" actor Benjamin Walker. "It's very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly. "[The split] is very new."
The couple first met while performing together in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". They announced their engagement in October 2009. He "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she said back then. "My mom loves him!"
Mamie and Ben then married in her family's Connecticut estate in July 2011. He spoke fondly of his wife just earlier this year in January when doing an interview with New York magazine. "She was the Uma to my Keanu," he sang high praise for the actress.
The actress, 29, texted him twice during the sit-down to check in. "She always worries about me in these things, and rightfully so," he said after the second text. "I don't have much experience doing it, so I never know when I'm going to sound like an a**."
Aside from the "Emily Owens, M.D." actress, Meryl Streep who married Don Gummer 35 years ago has one son, musician Henry Gummer, 33, and two other daughters "Smash" star Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration