Meryl Streep's Daughter Splits From 'Vampire Hunter' Star Benjamin Walker
Mamie Gummer, the second eldest of Meryl Streep's four children with sculptor husband Don Gummer, calls it quits with "Vampire Hunter" actor Benjamin Walker. "It's very amicable," a source tells Us Weekly. "[The split] is very new."
The couple first met while performing together in the spring 2008 Broadway production of "Les Liaisons Dangereuses". They announced their engagement in October 2009. He "surprised" her with a custom-made ring. "He did it on one knee!" she said back then. "My mom loves him!"
Mamie and Ben then married in her family's Connecticut estate in July 2011. He spoke fondly of his wife just earlier this year in January when doing an interview with New York magazine. "She was the Uma to my Keanu," he sang high praise for the actress.
The actress, 29, texted him twice during the sit-down to check in. "She always worries about me in these things, and rightfully so," he said after the second text. "I don't have much experience doing it, so I never know when I'm going to sound like an a**."
Aside from the "Emily Owens, M.D." actress, Meryl Streep who married Don Gummer 35 years ago has one son, musician Henry Gummer, 33, and two other daughters "Smash" star Grace Gummer, 26, and student Louisa Gummer, 21.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role