David Tennant and Billie Piper Confirmed to Return for 'Doctor Who' 50th Anniversary Special
David Tennant and Billie Piper will team up once again as the tenth Doctor and his companion Rose Tyler in "Doctor Who" 50th anniversary special, BBC America has officially announced. They join the show's all-star cast which also includes Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman, who play the current Doctor and his newest companion Clara Oswald, as well as British screen veteran John Hurt.
Produced by BBC Cymru Wales for BBC One, the 50th anniversary special will be written by Steven Moffat and Directed by Nick Hurran. Filming will begin this week and it's said that the special episode could end up being up to 90 minutes long. The special will reportedly screen in 3D theaters at the same time it airs on BBC One.
Talking about the anniversary special, Smith recently said, "I read the script and clapped at the end." He went on gushing, "It's epic and vast and fans won't be disappointed. It's the biggest and best exciting year and this script delivers on all those things."
The upcoming special will mark the first time Tennant reprises his role as the tenth Doctor since he was last seen in a January 1, 2010 episode, where Piper also returned as his companion Rose Tyler. Piper later made a brief cameo in an episode of season 6 airing in August 2011.
"Doctor Who" returned with the second part of its seventh season last Saturday, March 30 on BBC America.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'