Clint Eastwood May Direct 'Jersey Boys' Movie
"Jersey Boys" may get Clint Eastwood as its director as the actor/helmer is reportedly in negotiations to join the project. The Hollywood Reporters broke the news that the director postponed a remake of "A Star Is Born" to focus on the musical film about Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons instead.
"Jersey Boys" was originally developed by GK Films at Columbia Pictures before Graham King, the founder of GK Films, moved it to Warner Bros. In 2012, Jon Favreau was attached to direct the film when Warner Bros put it into turnaround.
Favreau wanted to go with smaller names in the lead, while the studio wanted some faces that would help justify the budget. Names like John Magaro, Dominic Cooper, Vincent Piazza, Paul Dano and James Badge Dale were on the list, but it's unknown if they are still considered to star in the film now that Eastwood will possibly take the helming duty.
Based on the popular and acclaimed stage show with a script by John Logan, "Jersey Boys" tells the musical tale of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, from their rise to fame to their eventual split.
Eastwood has been showing his interest in doing musical films as he tries to bring "A Star Is Born" back to the big screen. He announced the project back in 2011, but it hit a roadblock when Beyonce Knowles who was set to play the leading female departed the project.
Grammy winner Esperanza Spalding has been tapped to take over the female lead, but the project is having difficulty casting a male lead. The 82-year-old director is expected to continue working on the remake film after he finishes "Jersey Boy".
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media