Adam Lambert to Receive an Honor at GLAAD Awards
24th annual GLAAD Media Awards which will take place in San Fransisco in May will honor Adam Lambert with Davidson/Valentini Award. The award is presented to "an openly LGBT media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality for the LGBT community." Lambert is the first LGBT artist who topped Billboard 200.
"Adam Lambert's continued success as one of the world's best-selling pop stars shows LGBT people that they can be themselves and make it in a mainstream industry that many feel unfairly rejects them. Adam is fearless on stage and astonishes audiences in every country he performs in," GLAAD's Wilson Cruz said in a statement.
In addition, Lambert has used his status as a pop star to help advance equality and promote LGBT people's visibility in community. He previously talked in interviews about the importance of supporting and empowering LGBT young people. He also performed in fundraising events to support LGBT people in September and December. Various LGBT advocacy organizations such as Equality California's Los Angeles Equality Awards also acknowledged Lambert for his effort.
"The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community and the issues that affect their lives. The GLAAD Media Awards also fund GLAAD's work to amplify stories of LGBT people and issues that build support for equality," said the organizer. Lee Daniels, Chad Allen, Ilene Chaiken, Ron Cowen and Daniel Lipman, Alec Mapa, B.D. Wong, and Sandra Bernhard are among Davidson/Valentini honorees in the past years.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell