Different Version of 'Iron Man 3' to Play in China
Chinese fans can expect "Iron Man 3" to be screened in their country despite the famously strict censors. Marvel announced in a statement on Friday, March 29 that the studio partnered with Chinese media company DMG to release a Chinese-version to the highly-anticipated film.
In the statement, Marvel said that the special version would include "significant Chinese elements." Both the original and Chinese versions will feature famous Chinese actor Wang Xueqi, but only the Chinese version will feature actress Fan Bingbing, as well as "specially prepared bonus footage made exclusively for the Chinese audience."
"Iron Man 3" is not the first film which has an alternate version for Chinese audience. Previously, time travel thriller "Looper" and teen comedy "21 and Over" went through similar modifications. This is because China has been considered as one of the most important foreign markets since the country became the second largest international market for U.S.-made movies after Japan in 2012. The country is even expected to rival the United States in terms of box office within the next decade.
In the "Iron Man 2" sequel, when Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him, does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale, Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, "Iron Man 3" is set to hit U.S. theaters on May 3, while the release date in China will be announced in the near future.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'