B.J. Novak Confirmed to Star in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Director Marc Webb has taken to Twitter to confirm that B.J. Novak officially joins "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Webb posted a new on-set image featuring Novak along with a caption read, "Day 38. A supposed rumor about a Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp? @bjnovak."
The image shows Novak wearing glasses and dressing formally. It is still unknown what role is played by the actor who is best known for playing Ryan Howard on "The Office", but based on Webb's tweet, Novak's character might be connected to Oscorp Industries.
Novak joins Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who reprise their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, respectively. The film, which Webb directs based on a script co-penned by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner, also stars Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Dane DeHaan, Sally Field and Colm Feore.
The film follows Peter who is busy between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen. Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro, and the return of Peter's old friend, Harry Osborn. Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce