B.J. Novak Confirmed to Star in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Director Marc Webb has taken to Twitter to confirm that B.J. Novak officially joins "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Webb posted a new on-set image featuring Novak along with a caption read, "Day 38. A supposed rumor about a Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp? @bjnovak."
The image shows Novak wearing glasses and dressing formally. It is still unknown what role is played by the actor who is best known for playing Ryan Howard on "The Office", but based on Webb's tweet, Novak's character might be connected to Oscorp Industries.
Novak joins Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who reprise their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, respectively. The film, which Webb directs based on a script co-penned by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner, also stars Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Dane DeHaan, Sally Field and Colm Feore.
The film follows Peter who is busy between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen. Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro, and the return of Peter's old friend, Harry Osborn. Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army