B.J. Novak Confirmed to Star in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Director Marc Webb has taken to Twitter to confirm that B.J. Novak officially joins "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Webb posted a new on-set image featuring Novak along with a caption read, "Day 38. A supposed rumor about a Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp? @bjnovak."
The image shows Novak wearing glasses and dressing formally. It is still unknown what role is played by the actor who is best known for playing Ryan Howard on "The Office", but based on Webb's tweet, Novak's character might be connected to Oscorp Industries.
Novak joins Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who reprise their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, respectively. The film, which Webb directs based on a script co-penned by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner, also stars Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Dane DeHaan, Sally Field and Colm Feore.
The film follows Peter who is busy between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen. Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro, and the return of Peter's old friend, Harry Osborn. Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'