B.J. Novak Confirmed to Star in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'
Director Marc Webb has taken to Twitter to confirm that B.J. Novak officially joins "The Amazing Spider-Man 2". Webb posted a new on-set image featuring Novak along with a caption read, "Day 38. A supposed rumor about a Dunder-Mifflin takeover of Oscorp? @bjnovak."
The image shows Novak wearing glasses and dressing formally. It is still unknown what role is played by the actor who is best known for playing Ryan Howard on "The Office", but based on Webb's tweet, Novak's character might be connected to Oscorp Industries.
Novak joins Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone who reprise their roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, respectively. The film, which Webb directs based on a script co-penned by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner, also stars Shailene Woodley, Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Dane DeHaan, Sally Field and Colm Feore.
The film follows Peter who is busy between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen. Peter can't keep the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away. Things will change for Peter after the emerge of a new villain, Electro, and the return of Peter's old friend, Harry Osborn. Peter also uncovers new clues about his past.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" will arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2, 2014.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'