Video: Keith Urban Performs 'Long Hot Summer' on 'American Idol' Results Show
Before which one of the top 8 contestants going home on "American Idol" was announced, Keith Urban took the stage to sing a song. The country music crooner left his seat on the judging panel to deliver his latest single "Long Hot Summer" off his seventh studio album "Get Closer".
The husband of actress Nicole Kidman received standing ovation from fellow judges. Mariah Carey was even seen holding up a "#1 Keith Urban Fan" sign. "That is how you do it," Ryan Seacrest said. "So seamless and wonderful," before sending him back to his judge spot.
Before the Aussie singer sang, former "Idol" alums Colton Dixon and Katharine mcPhee were welcomed back to the singing competition in separate sets. The former took the stage solo performing "Love Has Come for Me", and the latter collaborated with OneRepublic for "I Lose Myself".
18-year-old Devin Velez from Chicago, Illinois was sent home that night, despite his impressive performance the night before. He sang "It's Impossible" to woo the judges to keep him on the show, but they decided to let him go. His exit left Mariah in tears.
Later in a post-elimination interview, he gave a hint that Nicki Minaj was the one who didn't want to save him. "I think I know who didn't want to put me through," he said, without mentioning any name. "She has a lot of girl power. And a lot of girl thoughts -- maybe she just wants a girl to win."
More Keith Urban News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie