Chris Cuomo Paired With Kate Bolduan for CNN's New Morning Show
CNN has announced a new morning news program with Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan. The former ABC anchor, who just joined CNN in January this year, will host the new show with the CNN congressional correspondent starting this spring.
Additionally, Michaela Pereira will be the program's news anchor. The 42-year-old Canadian television personality joins CNN after hosting KTLA Morning News in Los Angeles for nine years.
"I've been looking forward to this announcement since I first joined CNN," says president of CNN Worldwide Jeff Zucker in a release. "Chris, Kate and Michaela are a dynamic team that will give our viewers in America a new way to start their day."
"We were floored with excitement when we saw Chris and Kate together on screen, and by adding Michaela to the mix we feel we have something very special. We believe there is an opening to do news in the morning with a fresh, new voice," he adds.
Cuomo comments on the opportunity given to him, "This has been a rare pleasure for me. Meeting Kate and Michaela on screen and off, I knew right away that this is my TV family." Bolduan calls it "a huge opportunity to work on this new show," while Pereira says "being part of this new endeavor is a dream come true."
Cuomo was a co-anchor on ABC's "20/20" and served as news anchor for "Good Morning America" from 2006 to 2009 before joining CNN. Following his move to CNN, the news channel announced in February that Soledad O'Brien would leave her morning show "Starting Point", but remain contributing to the channel by producing three documentaries in 2014.
Bolduan has joined CNN since 2007 and is currently the co-anchor of "The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer".
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'