Chris Cuomo Paired With Kate Bolduan for CNN's New Morning Show
CNN has announced a new morning news program with Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan. The former ABC anchor, who just joined CNN in January this year, will host the new show with the CNN congressional correspondent starting this spring.
Additionally, Michaela Pereira will be the program's news anchor. The 42-year-old Canadian television personality joins CNN after hosting KTLA Morning News in Los Angeles for nine years.
"I've been looking forward to this announcement since I first joined CNN," says president of CNN Worldwide Jeff Zucker in a release. "Chris, Kate and Michaela are a dynamic team that will give our viewers in America a new way to start their day."
"We were floored with excitement when we saw Chris and Kate together on screen, and by adding Michaela to the mix we feel we have something very special. We believe there is an opening to do news in the morning with a fresh, new voice," he adds.
Cuomo comments on the opportunity given to him, "This has been a rare pleasure for me. Meeting Kate and Michaela on screen and off, I knew right away that this is my TV family." Bolduan calls it "a huge opportunity to work on this new show," while Pereira says "being part of this new endeavor is a dream come true."
Cuomo was a co-anchor on ABC's "20/20" and served as news anchor for "Good Morning America" from 2006 to 2009 before joining CNN. Following his move to CNN, the news channel announced in February that Soledad O'Brien would leave her morning show "Starting Point", but remain contributing to the channel by producing three documentaries in 2014.
Bolduan has joined CNN since 2007 and is currently the co-anchor of "The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer".
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl