'Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2' Taps Judy Greer as Chimp Love Interest
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has found a love interest for Caesar. The movie casts Judy Greer as the female ape lead, Cornelia, who was briefly glimpsed in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Cornelia was originally played by dancer Devyn Dalton in the 2011 film, but it is said that the role will be expanded in the sequel.
Same with Andy Serkis who will reprise his role as Caesar, Greer will don a motion-capture suit to portray the female chimp. "It's a very different kind of work than I'm used to," the actress shared her excitement when interviewed by Vulture. "I'm not going to be wearing Manolo Blahniks in this one."
Greer and Serkis previously shared screen in 2004's romantic comedy "13 Going on 30". Greer said it was Serkis who convinced her to lobby for a role in the "Apes" sequel. She said she "might have freaked him [Matt Reeves] out a little bit" when she met the director and revealed that she's a fan of "Apes".
The "Apes" sequel has previously tapped Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman, Keri Russell and Kodi Smit-McPhee to play human characters. Reeves replaces Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first film, as the helmer. Production is slated to begin soon for a May 23, 2014 U.S. release.
Plot and characters details are still scarce, but it's said that "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will take place 15 years after the events in the first movie. It reportedly will revolve around the human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco, while the smart ape Caesar tries to maintain dominance over his kingdom.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'