'Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2' Taps Judy Greer as Chimp Love Interest
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has found a love interest for Caesar. The movie casts Judy Greer as the female ape lead, Cornelia, who was briefly glimpsed in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Cornelia was originally played by dancer Devyn Dalton in the 2011 film, but it is said that the role will be expanded in the sequel.
Same with Andy Serkis who will reprise his role as Caesar, Greer will don a motion-capture suit to portray the female chimp. "It's a very different kind of work than I'm used to," the actress shared her excitement when interviewed by Vulture. "I'm not going to be wearing Manolo Blahniks in this one."
Greer and Serkis previously shared screen in 2004's romantic comedy "13 Going on 30". Greer said it was Serkis who convinced her to lobby for a role in the "Apes" sequel. She said she "might have freaked him [Matt Reeves] out a little bit" when she met the director and revealed that she's a fan of "Apes".
The "Apes" sequel has previously tapped Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman, Keri Russell and Kodi Smit-McPhee to play human characters. Reeves replaces Rupert Wyatt, who directed the first film, as the helmer. Production is slated to begin soon for a May 23, 2014 U.S. release.
Plot and characters details are still scarce, but it's said that "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will take place 15 years after the events in the first movie. It reportedly will revolve around the human scientists who are struggling to survive alone in San Francisco, while the smart ape Caesar tries to maintain dominance over his kingdom.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen