Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Daughter Lincoln
Congratulations are in order for Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. The "Veronica Mars" actress and the "Parenthood" actor are proud parents to a baby girl. The engaged couple broke the happy news on their respective Twitter on Thursday, March 28.
Shepard, 38, was the first to tweet and spill the name of their newborn in the process, "Lincoln Bell Shepard is here. She has mom's beauty and dad's obsession with breasts. Hooray!!!" The name was not really unusual, but some fans considered it's too masculine for a girl.
His fiancee, 32, followed an hour later by cracking a joke about their bundle of joy, "My new roomate poops her pants and doesn't pay rent." The first-time mom added, "Basically @daxshepard1 pre-sobriety :) welcome baby Lincoln xo."
The couple got engaged in 2010 after dating for about three years. The couple was not rushing to get married "because I don't feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that's denied to my [gay and lesbian] friends," so she explained.
They announced her pregnancy in November 2012. She maintained a great sense of humor throughout the pregnancy. When talking about her changing body, she said, "I'm about 367 pounds. I'm not sure how far that is in months, but in pounds, that's where I'm weighing in."
Earlier this year when the Kickstarter campaign for "Veronica Mars" movie raked in $2M within hours, the then-expectant mom joked, "All this excitement is prolly gonna send me into early labor. #iamsoexcited #veronicamarsmovie."
She also once told Ellen Degeneres, "I feel like, when I arrive at the hospital, I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back and I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat. Wake me up when it's over because I've seen the videos -- and it looks terrifying."
More Kristen Bell News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!