Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Daughter Lincoln
Congratulations are in order for Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard. The "Veronica Mars" actress and the "Parenthood" actor are proud parents to a baby girl. The engaged couple broke the happy news on their respective Twitter on Thursday, March 28.
Shepard, 38, was the first to tweet and spill the name of their newborn in the process, "Lincoln Bell Shepard is here. She has mom's beauty and dad's obsession with breasts. Hooray!!!" The name was not really unusual, but some fans considered it's too masculine for a girl.
His fiancee, 32, followed an hour later by cracking a joke about their bundle of joy, "My new roomate poops her pants and doesn't pay rent." The first-time mom added, "Basically @daxshepard1 pre-sobriety :) welcome baby Lincoln xo."
The couple got engaged in 2010 after dating for about three years. The couple was not rushing to get married "because I don't feel appropriate taking advantage of a right that's denied to my [gay and lesbian] friends," so she explained.
They announced her pregnancy in November 2012. She maintained a great sense of humor throughout the pregnancy. When talking about her changing body, she said, "I'm about 367 pounds. I'm not sure how far that is in months, but in pounds, that's where I'm weighing in."
Earlier this year when the Kickstarter campaign for "Veronica Mars" movie raked in $2M within hours, the then-expectant mom joked, "All this excitement is prolly gonna send me into early labor. #iamsoexcited #veronicamarsmovie."
She also once told Ellen Degeneres, "I feel like, when I arrive at the hospital, I want a glass of whiskey, I want the epidural in my back and I want to get hit in the face with a baseball bat. Wake me up when it's over because I've seen the videos -- and it looks terrifying."
More Kristen Bell News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage