Demi Lovato Officially Returns to 'The X Factor' Season 3, Simon Cowell Is 'Pleased'
Demi Lovato has been officially sealed for "The X Factor (US)" season 3. It has been announced that the "Camp Rock" star will return as a judge and mentor in the upcoming installment of the reality singing competition.
"I am so excited to return as a judge and mentor on The X Factor," Lovato gushes. "Last season was an unbelievable experience and I really enjoyed developing personal relationships with the contestants and the panel. I look forward to taking my previous experience and applying it to make this season even better!"
The show's creator Simon Cowell, who will also return on the judging panel next season, has expressed his excitement to have her back on the show. "I couldn't be happier that Demi wants to come back this year. She's a superstar in her own right and was a fantastic mentor last year," he says. "Even though she can be really, really annoying - I truly enjoyed working with her and so did the artists. I'm especially pleased she's back, even during her world tour!"
Mike Darnell, FOX's President of Alternative Entertainment, chimes in, "We couldn't be more excited for Demi to return to THE X FACTOR next season. She's an incredible mentor, an insightful judge and we know she'll bring her amazing energy, enthusiasm and charm to the panel. She also isn't afraid to stand up to Simon or say what's on her mind - and we can't wait to see more of that honesty and fun next year."
Trish Kinane, executive producer of "The X Factor", also sings praise for the 20-year-old singer/actress, "Demi's enormous popularity is evident by her latest No. 1 single and her current tour selling out arenas across the globe. She did an impressive job last season identifying and mentoring new talent and we're delighted to welcome her back for Season Three."
Lovato joined "The X Factor" in its second season, being introduced as new judge along with Britney Spears. She is currently preparing to launch her new album later this year, preceded by the release of the first single "Heart Attack" in February which debuted at No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Spears and L.A. Reid, on the other hand, have confirmed that they will not return to the show's third season.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist