P. Diddy Edges Out Jay-Z to Become Forbes' Wealthiest Hip-Hop Artist of 2013
P. Diddy is the richest guy in Hip-Hop industry, so Forbes says. The Dirty Money leader takes the crown this year after beating such prominent musicians as Roc Nation founder and Brooklyn Nets' co-owner Jay-Z, rapper/producer and Beat Electronics' CEO Dr. Dre, Young Money's label boss Birdman, and G-Unit's honcho 50 Cent.
Diddy ranks No. 1 on the yearly list with an estimated net worth of $580 million, thanks to his non-musical ventures including a lucrative deal with Diageo's Ciroc. Jay-Z follows at No. 2 with a net worth of $475 million he mostly earned from his Rocawear sale ($204 million). His other sources of income include his pact with Live Nation and the Barclays Center.
Dr. Dre comes next at the third place in the Forbes Five, pocketing around $350 million in the past twelve months mainly from his Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Though the top-notch rhymer has sold half 51% of the company to handset maker HTC, his investments continue to grow stronger and he managed to bring back half of the half he sold last year.
Birdman occupies the fourth place with $150 million, bagging profits from his record label which becomes a home of chart-topping and huge-selling artists like Drake, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne. 50 Cent closes the list at No. 5 with $125 million that comes from the sales of his music and his stake in VitaminWater's parent Glaceau to Coca-Cola among others.
More P. Diddy News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture