Video Premiere: Lana Del Rey's 'Chelsea Hotel No 2'
Lana Del Rey covers Leonard Cohen's classic ballad "Chelsea Hotel No 2" and releases a music video to go with her rendition. The vintage-styled video is filled with grainy, sepia-colored footage to give forlorn vibes as Del Rey croons lyrics describing a sexual encounter between two lovers in the Chelsea Hotel, many dubbed as New York City's most famous Bohemian hostelry.
The song was redone in a typical Del Rey fashion, a feather-light slow jam. The famous song was originally recorded by Cohen for his fourth studio album "New Skin for the Old Ceremony" released in 1974.
For some years, Cohen told story that made people come to a conclusion that the woman he was referring to in the song was Janis Joplin. He later regretted what he did, saying it was "an indiscretion for which I'm very sorry, and if there is some way of apologizing to the ghost, I want to apologize now, for having committed that indiscretion."
Lana Del Rey's "Chelsea Hotel No 2" music video
More Lana Del Rey News
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full