Selena Gomez Set to Perform New Single at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
Selena Gomez is announced as the first singer tapped as a musical guest at the upcoming MTV Movie Awards. The former Disney star, who gets raunchy in her new movie "Spring Breakers", is scheduled to showcase her brand new single "Come & Get It" off her upcoming studio album which is expected to arrive later this year.
The song is due to be released on April 8, followed by her performance at the event four days later. Ahead of those exciting days, she reveals cover art for the track. "Have I mentioned how much you guys Rock! Haven't used that one in a while :) #12DaysUntilComeAndGetIt," she later wrote, apparently showing appreciation for the positive feedback she received.
"It is my first performance back as a musician," she gushed. "I'm so nervous! I think it's really cool, 'cause I got to take a year off of music and really be a part of great movies and work with great people, so I thought it would be perfect that I kind of go into music again through MTV and then the Movie Awards. So I thought it would be appropriate. I'm so stoked!"
Rebel Wilson will host the show on April 12. Young star Emma Watson will be handed Trailblazer Award as an appreciation for her success in creating her own unique career in the film industry, following Emma Stone as a recipient for the first-ever prize last year. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell will be honored with Comedic Genius Award.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding