Selena Gomez Set to Perform New Single at 2013 MTV Movie Awards
Selena Gomez is announced as the first singer tapped as a musical guest at the upcoming MTV Movie Awards. The former Disney star, who gets raunchy in her new movie "Spring Breakers", is scheduled to showcase her brand new single "Come & Get It" off her upcoming studio album which is expected to arrive later this year.
The song is due to be released on April 8, followed by her performance at the event four days later. Ahead of those exciting days, she reveals cover art for the track. "Have I mentioned how much you guys Rock! Haven't used that one in a while :) #12DaysUntilComeAndGetIt," she later wrote, apparently showing appreciation for the positive feedback she received.
"It is my first performance back as a musician," she gushed. "I'm so nervous! I think it's really cool, 'cause I got to take a year off of music and really be a part of great movies and work with great people, so I thought it would be perfect that I kind of go into music again through MTV and then the Movie Awards. So I thought it would be appropriate. I'm so stoked!"
Rebel Wilson will host the show on April 12. Young star Emma Watson will be handed Trailblazer Award as an appreciation for her success in creating her own unique career in the film industry, following Emma Stone as a recipient for the first-ever prize last year. Meanwhile, Will Ferrell will be honored with Comedic Genius Award.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs