'Speechless and Shocked' Justin Timberlake Thanks Fans After Massive Debut
Justin Timberlake is celebrating his explosive debut on Billboard Hot 200. He tweets, "Whoa... Speechless. Shocked. Numbers go up, numbers go down. I just hope this album makes your Summer... You already made mine #bestfansever," after his comeback album "The 20/20 Experience" strikes gold with 968,000 copies sold in its opening week.
It's the biggest bow in 2013 for any artists and becomes JT's best sales week ever since launching a solo career in 2002 after leaving his boyband NSYNC. Moreover, the pop/dance superstar scores the highest sales week for a male artist since 2011, surpassing the 964,000 number posted by Lil Wayne through his creation "Tha Carter IV".
The other male solo artists in the elite group who have likewise sold an overwhelming number of records include Usher's "Confessions" (1.10 million) and Garth Brooks' "Double Live" (1.09 million). Leading ahead of the former Mouseketeer on the list is Weezy with another of his monster album, "Tha Carter III".
On top of that, the "Suit & Tie" singer posts the 19th highest sales week in SoundScan's history with its digital sale of 452,000 downloads becoming the third-largest week ever after Lady GaGa's "Born This Way" (662,000 in 2011) and Taylor Swift's "Red" (465,000 in 2012). The amount of its digital sales alone is far above this week's Hot 200 runner-up, Kacey Musgraves' "Same Trailer Different Park" which sold a far cry of overall 43,000 copies.
Overwhelmed by music fans' positive reception, Timberlake who is soon going to tour with Jay-Z for "The Legends of Summer" tour adds on his Twitter, "I'm gonna find a way to show my appreciation to you ladies and gents this week... Stay tuned. #finderskeepers."
He later endorsed fellow singer Blake Shelton's new album "Based on a True Story..." which will enter the battle for No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 next week, "Ok, country music lovers... Y'all need to go get Based On A True Story by my boy @blakeshelton It has been known to get you #buttnaked."
- "The 20/20 Experience" - Justin Timberlake (968,000)
- "Same Trailer Different Park" - Kacey Musgraves (43,000)
- "Unorthodox Jukebox" - Bruno Mars (41,000)
- "Spring Break...Here to Party" - Luke Bryan (38,000)
- "The Truth About Love" - Pink (36,000)
- "Night Visions" - Imagine Dragons (29,000)
- "What About Now" - Bon Jovi (29,000)
- "Les Miserables" Soundtrack - Various Artists (29,000)
- "Babel" - Mumford & Sons (27,000)
- "Unapologetic" - Rihanna (26,000)
More Justin Timberlake News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters