The Rolling Stones to Perform at Glastonbury Festival for First Time
It's confirmed that The Rolling Stones is coming to Somerset this year for Britain's biggest music festival, Glastonbury, ending weeks of rumors about their participation at the gig. It will mark the band's first visit to the festival of contemporary performing arts during their more-than-50-year career in music industry.
Before the announcement, the legendary band had repeatedly expressed their interest to play at the festival. Now that they have been officially signed on, frontman Mick Jagger gushed on Twitter, "Can't wait to play Glastonbury. I have my wellies and my yurt!" as he referred to rain boots and the fest's elaborate tent.
The Stones is set to take one of the main Pyramid Stage along with Arctic Monkeys, Mumford & Sons, Dizzee Rascal, Vampire Weekend, Elvis Costello, Kenny Rogers, Rita Ora, Rufus Wainwright, Professor Green, Haim and many others. The festival will run from June 28-30, but their date is not listed.
The Smashing Pumpkins will perform at the Other Stage, joining The xx, Alabama Shakes, Azealia Banks and The Lumineers. The nearby West Holts Stage is occupied by the likes of Public Enemy and The Weeknd, while Nas and Sinead O'Connor are set for smaller stages at Silver Hayes and Acoustic Tent respectively.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer