Report: Anderson Cooper Is Wanted to Replace Matt Lauer on 'Today'
Following long-running rumor that Matt Lauer is in jeopardy on "Today", new speculation on his possible replacement arises. According to Deadline, Anderson Cooper is eyed to replace Lauer as the NBC show's host.
Rumor has it, NBC's execs have reached out to the CNN news anchor about taking over the "Today" post before the end of the year. The network has reportedly also talked to Lauer about this, but the longtime "Today" host allegedly contacted Cooper to express his disapproval which caught Cooper by surprise.
Lauer has been rumored being on the chopping block as "Today" is struggling to regain its position as No. 1 morning program. Prior to Cooper, Ryan Seacrest, Willie Geist and David Gregory have been mentioned as candidates to replace Lauer.
Lauer himself was recently said a frontrunner to lead "Jeopardy!" if current host Alex Trebrek decides to step down from the position. Interestingly, Cooper was also reported in the running for the said job.
More Today News
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards