Report: Anderson Cooper Is Wanted to Replace Matt Lauer on 'Today'
Following long-running rumor that Matt Lauer is in jeopardy on "Today", new speculation on his possible replacement arises. According to Deadline, Anderson Cooper is eyed to replace Lauer as the NBC show's host.
Rumor has it, NBC's execs have reached out to the CNN news anchor about taking over the "Today" post before the end of the year. The network has reportedly also talked to Lauer about this, but the longtime "Today" host allegedly contacted Cooper to express his disapproval which caught Cooper by surprise.
Lauer has been rumored being on the chopping block as "Today" is struggling to regain its position as No. 1 morning program. Prior to Cooper, Ryan Seacrest, Willie Geist and David Gregory have been mentioned as candidates to replace Lauer.
Lauer himself was recently said a frontrunner to lead "Jeopardy!" if current host Alex Trebrek decides to step down from the position. Interestingly, Cooper was also reported in the running for the said job.
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises