Report: Anderson Cooper Is Wanted to Replace Matt Lauer on 'Today'
Following long-running rumor that Matt Lauer is in jeopardy on "Today", new speculation on his possible replacement arises. According to Deadline, Anderson Cooper is eyed to replace Lauer as the NBC show's host.
Rumor has it, NBC's execs have reached out to the CNN news anchor about taking over the "Today" post before the end of the year. The network has reportedly also talked to Lauer about this, but the longtime "Today" host allegedly contacted Cooper to express his disapproval which caught Cooper by surprise.
Lauer has been rumored being on the chopping block as "Today" is struggling to regain its position as No. 1 morning program. Prior to Cooper, Ryan Seacrest, Willie Geist and David Gregory have been mentioned as candidates to replace Lauer.
Lauer himself was recently said a frontrunner to lead "Jeopardy!" if current host Alex Trebrek decides to step down from the position. Interestingly, Cooper was also reported in the running for the said job.
More Today News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'