Report: Anderson Cooper Is Wanted to Replace Matt Lauer on 'Today'
Following long-running rumor that Matt Lauer is in jeopardy on "Today", new speculation on his possible replacement arises. According to Deadline, Anderson Cooper is eyed to replace Lauer as the NBC show's host.
Rumor has it, NBC's execs have reached out to the CNN news anchor about taking over the "Today" post before the end of the year. The network has reportedly also talked to Lauer about this, but the longtime "Today" host allegedly contacted Cooper to express his disapproval which caught Cooper by surprise.
Lauer has been rumored being on the chopping block as "Today" is struggling to regain its position as No. 1 morning program. Prior to Cooper, Ryan Seacrest, Willie Geist and David Gregory have been mentioned as candidates to replace Lauer.
Lauer himself was recently said a frontrunner to lead "Jeopardy!" if current host Alex Trebrek decides to step down from the position. Interestingly, Cooper was also reported in the running for the said job.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?