Report: Anderson Cooper Is Wanted to Replace Matt Lauer on 'Today'
Following long-running rumor that Matt Lauer is in jeopardy on "Today", new speculation on his possible replacement arises. According to Deadline, Anderson Cooper is eyed to replace Lauer as the NBC show's host.
Rumor has it, NBC's execs have reached out to the CNN news anchor about taking over the "Today" post before the end of the year. The network has reportedly also talked to Lauer about this, but the longtime "Today" host allegedly contacted Cooper to express his disapproval which caught Cooper by surprise.
Lauer has been rumored being on the chopping block as "Today" is struggling to regain its position as No. 1 morning program. Prior to Cooper, Ryan Seacrest, Willie Geist and David Gregory have been mentioned as candidates to replace Lauer.
Lauer himself was recently said a frontrunner to lead "Jeopardy!" if current host Alex Trebrek decides to step down from the position. Interestingly, Cooper was also reported in the running for the said job.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia