Emma Watson to Be Presented With MTV Trailblazer Award
After Emma Stone received the first MTV Trailblazer Award in 2012, Emma Watson will get the same honor this year. The award, given to young actors who have had unconventional film careers, will be handed to the actress of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards.
"Emma Watson endeared herself to fans as one of the most beloved and iconic characters of her generation," Stephen Friedman, President of MTV, said in a statement. "She's been a constant presence in the lives of our audience for more than a decade and is continuing to challenge her craft with upcoming roles as radically diverse as her enormous talent."
Her most recent critically acclaimed role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" has also garnered her three nominations for Best Female Performance, Best Kiss (with co-star Logan Lerman) and Best Musical Moment (with Lerman and Ezra Miller) at the upcoming prize-giving event.
Emma found fame after playing Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and its sequels. The 22-year-old British actress can next be seen on the big screen in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" and Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
To be hosted by Rebel Wilson, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be aired on Sunday, April 14, live from the Sony Pictures Studios Lot in Culver City, California.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group