Emma Watson to Be Presented With MTV Trailblazer Award
After Emma Stone received the first MTV Trailblazer Award in 2012, Emma Watson will get the same honor this year. The award, given to young actors who have had unconventional film careers, will be handed to the actress of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards.
"Emma Watson endeared herself to fans as one of the most beloved and iconic characters of her generation," Stephen Friedman, President of MTV, said in a statement. "She's been a constant presence in the lives of our audience for more than a decade and is continuing to challenge her craft with upcoming roles as radically diverse as her enormous talent."
Her most recent critically acclaimed role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" has also garnered her three nominations for Best Female Performance, Best Kiss (with co-star Logan Lerman) and Best Musical Moment (with Lerman and Ezra Miller) at the upcoming prize-giving event.
Emma found fame after playing Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and its sequels. The 22-year-old British actress can next be seen on the big screen in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" and Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
To be hosted by Rebel Wilson, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be aired on Sunday, April 14, live from the Sony Pictures Studios Lot in Culver City, California.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy