Emma Watson to Be Presented With MTV Trailblazer Award
After Emma Stone received the first MTV Trailblazer Award in 2012, Emma Watson will get the same honor this year. The award, given to young actors who have had unconventional film careers, will be handed to the actress of "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards.
"Emma Watson endeared herself to fans as one of the most beloved and iconic characters of her generation," Stephen Friedman, President of MTV, said in a statement. "She's been a constant presence in the lives of our audience for more than a decade and is continuing to challenge her craft with upcoming roles as radically diverse as her enormous talent."
Her most recent critically acclaimed role in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" has also garnered her three nominations for Best Female Performance, Best Kiss (with co-star Logan Lerman) and Best Musical Moment (with Lerman and Ezra Miller) at the upcoming prize-giving event.
Emma found fame after playing Hermione Granger in "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" and its sequels. The 22-year-old British actress can next be seen on the big screen in Sofia Coppola's "The Bling Ring" and Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
To be hosted by Rebel Wilson, the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be aired on Sunday, April 14, live from the Sony Pictures Studios Lot in Culver City, California.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2