Justin Bieber Being Investigated for Alleged Battery Against Neighbor
After almost getting violent with paparazzi earlier this month, Justin Bieber is now accused of battery by his neighbor. Deputies are investigating claims made by a neighbor on March 26 that the teen crooner attacked and threatened him after having a heated altercation in Calabasas, California.
Upon his arrival home from Poland on March 25, Bieber allegedly got into an argument with his male neighbor on March 26 shortly after 9 A.M., according to TMZ. A source told the site that the neighbor was furious about the deafening noise coming from the Canadian pop star's residence and felt Bieber was endangering the community by racing his Ferrari up and down the streets. The neighbor confronted the singer and the two reportedly got into an intense argument over the Ferrari.
"We got a call at 9:08 A.M. We don't know where it came from, but we responded. Allegations have been made against Mr. Bieber, accusing him of battery," says L.A. County Sheriff Steve Whitmore. "That's all we know - we are investigating. We are not at the residence. We will make a report, and then we will take the appropriate action once the investigation is concluded."
A source tells HollywoodLife.com a different version of the situation, saying that Bieber did not have any physical contact with the neighbor. "Justin's neighbor saw he was home briefly, so he approached him about the parties. They only spoke briefly and Justin told him to get off the property," the source says. Bieber's security team escorted the neighbor off the property as the singer allegedly went inside his house.
A representative for Bieber has not made any comment regarding this issue.
Bieber has a history of being accused of battery. In January, Moshe Benabou, who claimed to be the star's former bodyguard, filed a complaint against the singer, demanding $421,261 for assault, battery and overtime fees. In May 2012, a photographer accused the "As Long As You Love Me" singer of battery, but the criminal charges were eventually not filed due to conflicting witness accounts and an overall lack of evidence.
More Justin Bieber News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences