'Dancing with the Stars' Results Show: No Elimination, but Withdrawal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 16 bid goodbye to one of its contestants, but not as many would've expected. At the end of the first results show, Dorothy Hamill tearfully announced her withdrawal from the competition due to her spine injury.
The 56-year-old Olympic figure skater explained she made the decision based on the advice of her spine surgeon. She revealed that doctors ordered her stop dancing. "I have an injury that could be irreparable, and nerve damage, and it would be completely unfair for me to stay in this and have any of these people go home," she shared.
"It's been a wonderful ride. I wish I could stay but I can't do justice to the commitment," she went on saying, adding that she would miss her fellow dancers. She also called her pro-dancer partner Tristan MacManus "a treasure."
On Monday, Dorothy indeed couldn't dance good enough with the spine injury that forced her to skip several days of rehearsal. Still, she wasn't in danger of getting eliminated. Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko and Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold were in jeopardy on Tuesday night, but they will return next week.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two