'Dancing with the Stars' Results Show: No Elimination, but Withdrawal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 16 bid goodbye to one of its contestants, but not as many would've expected. At the end of the first results show, Dorothy Hamill tearfully announced her withdrawal from the competition due to her spine injury.
The 56-year-old Olympic figure skater explained she made the decision based on the advice of her spine surgeon. She revealed that doctors ordered her stop dancing. "I have an injury that could be irreparable, and nerve damage, and it would be completely unfair for me to stay in this and have any of these people go home," she shared.
"It's been a wonderful ride. I wish I could stay but I can't do justice to the commitment," she went on saying, adding that she would miss her fellow dancers. She also called her pro-dancer partner Tristan MacManus "a treasure."
On Monday, Dorothy indeed couldn't dance good enough with the spine injury that forced her to skip several days of rehearsal. Still, she wasn't in danger of getting eliminated. Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko and Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold were in jeopardy on Tuesday night, but they will return next week.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris