'Dancing with the Stars' Results Show: No Elimination, but Withdrawal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 16 bid goodbye to one of its contestants, but not as many would've expected. At the end of the first results show, Dorothy Hamill tearfully announced her withdrawal from the competition due to her spine injury.
The 56-year-old Olympic figure skater explained she made the decision based on the advice of her spine surgeon. She revealed that doctors ordered her stop dancing. "I have an injury that could be irreparable, and nerve damage, and it would be completely unfair for me to stay in this and have any of these people go home," she shared.
"It's been a wonderful ride. I wish I could stay but I can't do justice to the commitment," she went on saying, adding that she would miss her fellow dancers. She also called her pro-dancer partner Tristan MacManus "a treasure."
On Monday, Dorothy indeed couldn't dance good enough with the spine injury that forced her to skip several days of rehearsal. Still, she wasn't in danger of getting eliminated. Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko and Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold were in jeopardy on Tuesday night, but they will return next week.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show