'Dancing with the Stars' Results Show: No Elimination, but Withdrawal
"Dancing with the Stars" season 16 bid goodbye to one of its contestants, but not as many would've expected. At the end of the first results show, Dorothy Hamill tearfully announced her withdrawal from the competition due to her spine injury.
The 56-year-old Olympic figure skater explained she made the decision based on the advice of her spine surgeon. She revealed that doctors ordered her stop dancing. "I have an injury that could be irreparable, and nerve damage, and it would be completely unfair for me to stay in this and have any of these people go home," she shared.
"It's been a wonderful ride. I wish I could stay but I can't do justice to the commitment," she went on saying, adding that she would miss her fellow dancers. She also called her pro-dancer partner Tristan MacManus "a treasure."
On Monday, Dorothy indeed couldn't dance good enough with the spine injury that forced her to skip several days of rehearsal. Still, she wasn't in danger of getting eliminated. Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko and Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold were in jeopardy on Tuesday night, but they will return next week.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series