Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience' Hits 968,000 Copies Debut
After a series of skyrocketing projections made over the past two weeks, Justin Timberlake's album "The 20/20 Experience" finally and officially sells 968,000 copies. It gives the 32-year-old entertainer his second No. 1 album in the Billboard Hot 200 and his best sales week ever in the albums chart since his "FutureSex/LoveSounds" first debuted at the top spot back in 2006.
Although the massive sales of his new album failed to reach the one million mark or beat the existing record held by Taylor Swift whose album "Red" debuted with 1.2 million last year, the pop/dance superstar managed to edge out Lil Wayne's 964,000 sales which the rapper made with his album "Tha Carter IV", posting the highest sales week by an album from a male artist since 2010.
The staggering sales of the "Suit & Tie" singer's new album also clinched the feat of posting the 19th highest sales week for an album since SoundScan started the weekly tally back in 1991. Ironically, the top spot on this list is held by the whopping 2.42 million debut of "No Strings Attached" (2000), an album by NSYNC, the boyband which Timberlake formerly belonged to before he went on a highly successful solo career.
With his new No. 1 album, JT manages to put himself in the elite group of male artists who have likewise sold an overwhelming number of records, after Usher's 2004 "Confessions" with 1.10 million and Garth Brooks' 1998 "Double Live" with 1.09 million. Then of course, there's another Lil Wayne album, "Tha Carter III", leading JT's latest achievement, which debuted with 1.01 million in 2008.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics