Police Called to Pat Houston's House for Suicide Scare
Police officers and paramedic rushed to the home of Pat Houston, the sister-in-law of Whitney Houston, on Tuesday, March 26. They were called by Pat's family members who thought she was committing suicide.
Earlier the day, Pat posted a strange message on her Facebook page. "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges," she wrote. "And for the first time in my life... I'm tired... and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."
Several family members who read the post immediately tried to contact her, but she didn't answer. They later called the police and went to her house in Alpharetta, Georgia, where they found Pat next to a bottle of pills.
She woke up and told her family it was a misunderstanding. She took pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and fell asleep. She explained the post on her Facebook page was only a result of stress and she never considered suicide.
Pat was taken to a hospital just as a preventative measure, and released shortly afterward.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation