Police Called to Pat Houston's House for Suicide Scare
Police officers and paramedic rushed to the home of Pat Houston, the sister-in-law of Whitney Houston, on Tuesday, March 26. They were called by Pat's family members who thought she was committing suicide.
Earlier the day, Pat posted a strange message on her Facebook page. "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges," she wrote. "And for the first time in my life... I'm tired... and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."
Several family members who read the post immediately tried to contact her, but she didn't answer. They later called the police and went to her house in Alpharetta, Georgia, where they found Pat next to a bottle of pills.
She woke up and told her family it was a misunderstanding. She took pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and fell asleep. She explained the post on her Facebook page was only a result of stress and she never considered suicide.
Pat was taken to a hospital just as a preventative measure, and released shortly afterward.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role