Police Called to Pat Houston's House for Suicide Scare
Police officers and paramedic rushed to the home of Pat Houston, the sister-in-law of Whitney Houston, on Tuesday, March 26. They were called by Pat's family members who thought she was committing suicide.
Earlier the day, Pat posted a strange message on her Facebook page. "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges," she wrote. "And for the first time in my life... I'm tired... and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."
Several family members who read the post immediately tried to contact her, but she didn't answer. They later called the police and went to her house in Alpharetta, Georgia, where they found Pat next to a bottle of pills.
She woke up and told her family it was a misunderstanding. She took pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and fell asleep. She explained the post on her Facebook page was only a result of stress and she never considered suicide.
Pat was taken to a hospital just as a preventative measure, and released shortly afterward.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor