Police Called to Pat Houston's House for Suicide Scare
Police officers and paramedic rushed to the home of Pat Houston, the sister-in-law of Whitney Houston, on Tuesday, March 26. They were called by Pat's family members who thought she was committing suicide.
Earlier the day, Pat posted a strange message on her Facebook page. "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges," she wrote. "And for the first time in my life... I'm tired... and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."
Several family members who read the post immediately tried to contact her, but she didn't answer. They later called the police and went to her house in Alpharetta, Georgia, where they found Pat next to a bottle of pills.
She woke up and told her family it was a misunderstanding. She took pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and fell asleep. She explained the post on her Facebook page was only a result of stress and she never considered suicide.
Pat was taken to a hospital just as a preventative measure, and released shortly afterward.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season