ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars', Orders Spin-Off 'Ravenswood' to Series
Having just wrapped up its third season, "Pretty Little Liars" has secured a fifth season order. ABC Family renews the popular drama series just a week after it aired the season 3 finale, announcing a "Liars" spin-off titled "Ravenswood" as well.
The new series is set "on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA [the set of 'Pretty Little Liars'], which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town's mysterious and terrible history before it's too late for each of them."
"Rosewood" will premiere this October, following the "Liars" Halloween episode. Created by I. Marlene King who developed "Liars" to TV series, the upcoming mystery-thriller is executive produced by King, Oliver Goldstick, Joseph Dougherty and Leslie Morgenstein.
Going full throttle to promote the new show, ABC Family has dropped clues about it on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, GetGlue, Instagram, YouTube.com, and ABCFamily.com.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return with its fourth season on June 11.
Announcement of new series "Ravenswood":
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney