ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars', Orders Spin-Off 'Ravenswood' to Series
Having just wrapped up its third season, "Pretty Little Liars" has secured a fifth season order. ABC Family renews the popular drama series just a week after it aired the season 3 finale, announcing a "Liars" spin-off titled "Ravenswood" as well.
The new series is set "on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA [the set of 'Pretty Little Liars'], which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town's mysterious and terrible history before it's too late for each of them."
"Rosewood" will premiere this October, following the "Liars" Halloween episode. Created by I. Marlene King who developed "Liars" to TV series, the upcoming mystery-thriller is executive produced by King, Oliver Goldstick, Joseph Dougherty and Leslie Morgenstein.
Going full throttle to promote the new show, ABC Family has dropped clues about it on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, GetGlue, Instagram, YouTube.com, and ABCFamily.com.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return with its fourth season on June 11.
Announcement of new series "Ravenswood":
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'