ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars', Orders Spin-Off 'Ravenswood' to Series
Having just wrapped up its third season, "Pretty Little Liars" has secured a fifth season order. ABC Family renews the popular drama series just a week after it aired the season 3 finale, announcing a "Liars" spin-off titled "Ravenswood" as well.
The new series is set "on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA [the set of 'Pretty Little Liars'], which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town's mysterious and terrible history before it's too late for each of them."
"Rosewood" will premiere this October, following the "Liars" Halloween episode. Created by I. Marlene King who developed "Liars" to TV series, the upcoming mystery-thriller is executive produced by King, Oliver Goldstick, Joseph Dougherty and Leslie Morgenstein.
Going full throttle to promote the new show, ABC Family has dropped clues about it on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, GetGlue, Instagram, YouTube.com, and ABCFamily.com.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return with its fourth season on June 11.
Announcement of new series "Ravenswood":
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush