ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars', Orders Spin-Off 'Ravenswood' to Series
Having just wrapped up its third season, "Pretty Little Liars" has secured a fifth season order. ABC Family renews the popular drama series just a week after it aired the season 3 finale, announcing a "Liars" spin-off titled "Ravenswood" as well.
The new series is set "on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA [the set of 'Pretty Little Liars'], which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town's mysterious and terrible history before it's too late for each of them."
"Rosewood" will premiere this October, following the "Liars" Halloween episode. Created by I. Marlene King who developed "Liars" to TV series, the upcoming mystery-thriller is executive produced by King, Oliver Goldstick, Joseph Dougherty and Leslie Morgenstein.
Going full throttle to promote the new show, ABC Family has dropped clues about it on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, GetGlue, Instagram, YouTube.com, and ABCFamily.com.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return with its fourth season on June 11.
Announcement of new series "Ravenswood":
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday