ABC Family Renews 'Pretty Little Liars', Orders Spin-Off 'Ravenswood' to Series
Having just wrapped up its third season, "Pretty Little Liars" has secured a fifth season order. ABC Family renews the popular drama series just a week after it aired the season 3 finale, announcing a "Liars" spin-off titled "Ravenswood" as well.
The new series is set "on a town, not far from Rosewood, PA [the set of 'Pretty Little Liars'], which has suffered under a deadly curse for generations. Five strangers suddenly find themselves connected by this fatal curse and need to dig into the town's mysterious and terrible history before it's too late for each of them."
"Rosewood" will premiere this October, following the "Liars" Halloween episode. Created by I. Marlene King who developed "Liars" to TV series, the upcoming mystery-thriller is executive produced by King, Oliver Goldstick, Joseph Dougherty and Leslie Morgenstein.
Going full throttle to promote the new show, ABC Family has dropped clues about it on social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, GetGlue, Instagram, YouTube.com, and ABCFamily.com.
"Pretty Little Liars" will return with its fourth season on June 11.
Announcement of new series "Ravenswood":
More Pretty Little Liars News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert