Kordell Stewart Files for Divorce From 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Star Porsha Williams
Another "Real Housewives" star split from her husband. After former Bravo stars Adrienne Maloof and Bethenny Frankel, now Porsha Williams is heading to splitville with former NFL player Kordell Stewart whom she married nearly two years ago in May 2011.
TMZ reports Kordell filed for divorce on March 22 claiming that his marriage to "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast was "irretrievably broken." His attorney, Atlanta's A-list matrimonial lawyer Shiel Edlin said filing for divorce was "very difficult decision" for him.
He asks judge to block his estrange wife from getting spousal support, reasoning she's "an able-bodied person, earning income and is capable of supporting herself." He also states there are no marital assets subject to division, hinting they have a prenuptial agreement.
It's unclear as to why Kordell, 40, called off his marriage to Porsha, 31. Rumor has it, children is a sore point in their relationship. The NFL alum has a son from a previous relationship and is allegedly determined to have a child with Porsha but she has to choose between family and career.
Earlier this month before the news about their divorce broke out, fellow "Real Housewives" star NeNe Leakes suggested that their marriage was rocky because Kordell, who went by the nickname "Slash" during his playing days, was too controlling of his reality TV star wife.
"We've all been around her and heard her say things that sound like she's being controlled," NeNe wrote in a blog post. "Based off everything I've seen and heard myself, it appears that Kordell is talking to his daughter and not his wife! Porsha can't seem to do much without getting permission from Kordell."
Porsha hasn't said a word about the divorce, but remains active on Twitter. "Morning Dolls Today is the 1st Day of the rest of your Life! Make It GREAT! #PS," she wrote, before adding hours later, "Thank you for your Prayers," without mentioning her rocky relationship with her husband.
Kenya Moore, with whom Porsha is feuding on the Bravo show, set aside their differences to show support for her fellow cast. She says in a statement to E! News, "I would never want to see anyone go through pain or suffering such as in a divorce. I'm a hopeless romantic and believe in love and hope they can get past their differences. I do wish Porsha well and know she will do what is best for her."
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting