'Game of Thrones' Clive Mantle Has His Ear Bitten Off in Hotel Altercation
Clive Mantle was attacked by a fellow hotel guest at Newcastle Travelodge early Sunday, March 24. The actor, who played Lord Greatjon Umber on the first season of the HBO hit series "Game of Thrones", was sent to hospital after the drunken man bit off part of his ear in a "savage" fight.
His agent, Bryn Newton, told the Daily Record that Mantle, 55, was disturbed by the noise down the hallway and asked the loud guest to quiet down. When it didn't work, he, barefoot and in pyjama bottoms, came out for the second time a few minutes later to confront the man once again.
Mantle said, "If you don't keep the noise down, I'm going to call security," and that's when the man lost it. With the help from another drunken man, the rude man pinned him to the floor. "Even though he is a big guy they got him on the ground. One of them bit the top part of his right ear off," Newton said.
"Fortunately, someone heard the commotion down the corridor and came out to help him and called hotel management," the agent added. He was taken to Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary along with piece of his ear and "managed to have the top of his right ear sewn back on."
The incident happened at about 4:30 A.M. and Mantle was left "shaken and in shock." "You don't expect that sort of thing to happen in that situation," Newton stated. "Clive could lose his ear, and as an actor, that would mean he cannot make a living. You might expect a black eye, but not this."
Two men were arrested after the altercation. A 32-year-old man from Hamilton was charged with wounding with intent over the incident. He has been released on bail and is due to appear in court on April 12. The other, a 22-year-old, was released with no charge.
Mantle was in town to perform in "The Ladykillers". He is now resting at home and will reportedly see a specialist in Oxford to determine whether the operation to reattach his ear was a success. He's set to perform in the play in Manchester this week. "He is going to have to miss appearances. He cannot risk infection," the agent said.
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3