'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Taps UFC Star as Its Villain
Marvel has cast Georges St-Pierre for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". Latino Review broke the news that the current UFC Welterweight Champion had been cast to play one of the villains, Batroc the Leaper.
Batroc the Leaper is a French martial artist who specializes in savate kickboxing. Although the character has no superpowers, Batroc has taken on Captain America several times. The character possesses immense leg strength that allows him to leap great distances and is also an Olympic weightlifter.
St-Pierre has previously appeared in martial arts films "Death Warrior" and "Never Surrender", which both were directed by Hector Echavarria. His role in the film to be directed by Joe and Anthony Russo is his biggest starring gig to date.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is based on the 2005 comic book of the same name written by Ed Brubaker in which the All-American hero is confronted by his former comrade. Bucky Barnes, who has been brainwashed, turns into a Soviet assassin code-named The Winter Soldier.
St-Pierre joins Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford and Maximiliano Hernandez in the cast ensemble. The film will begin its production soon and aims for an April 4, 2014 U.S. release.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour