'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Taps UFC Star as Its Villain
Marvel has cast Georges St-Pierre for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". Latino Review broke the news that the current UFC Welterweight Champion had been cast to play one of the villains, Batroc the Leaper.
Batroc the Leaper is a French martial artist who specializes in savate kickboxing. Although the character has no superpowers, Batroc has taken on Captain America several times. The character possesses immense leg strength that allows him to leap great distances and is also an Olympic weightlifter.
St-Pierre has previously appeared in martial arts films "Death Warrior" and "Never Surrender", which both were directed by Hector Echavarria. His role in the film to be directed by Joe and Anthony Russo is his biggest starring gig to date.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is based on the 2005 comic book of the same name written by Ed Brubaker in which the All-American hero is confronted by his former comrade. Bucky Barnes, who has been brainwashed, turns into a Soviet assassin code-named The Winter Soldier.
St-Pierre joins Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Frank Grillo, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Scarlett Johansson, Toby Jones, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford and Maximiliano Hernandez in the cast ensemble. The film will begin its production soon and aims for an April 4, 2014 U.S. release.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars