'Ninja Turtles' Casts Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello
Following Alan Ritchson who has signed on to play Raphael in "Ninja Turtles", three other actors are added to the cast of the movie. Deadline reported that Pete Ploszek, Noel Fisher and Jeremy Howard have been tapped to play Leonardo, Michelangelo and Donatello respectively.
In the film, Leonardo is considered the leader of the crime-fighting quartet. The turtle who wears blue bandana has two katanas as his weapons. Michelangelo who wears the orange bandana is the most light-hearted and friendly of the turtles. His weapons are dual nunchaku. The other turtle is Donatello who is often portrayed as second-in-command. He wears a purple bandana and his weapon is bo staff.
Ritchson, Ploszek, Fisher and Howard join Megan Fox who was earlier cast to play human TV reporter pal April O'Neil. The film is expected to announce who will portray the villain, Shredder, soon.
The four actors who play the turtles are relatively newcomers. Alan Ritchson will play Gloss in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". Ploszek has guest starred on "Shameless", while Fisher is a regular on the Showtime series as well as appearing in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". Meanwhile, Howard stars on "Breaking Bad" and "Entourage".
To be directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the film has its script written by Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and John Fusco, based on the characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman. It is scheduled to be released in U.S. theaters on June 6, 2014.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift