Sarah Jessica Parker Takes Family to Check Out Sleeping Tilda Swinton at Museum
Sarah Jessica Parker, her husband Matthew Broderick and son James Wilkie were among the crowd spotted coming to New York's Museum of Modern Art, where fellow actress Tilda Swinton was sleeping inside a transparent case for her art piece dubbed "The Maybe". She went to the museum on March 25 when she turned 48.
The threesome braved the snowy weather in a warm jacket and gray matching beanies. The "Sex and the City" star donned ripped jeans, fur-lined boots and dark shades, while Broderick sported round black glasses. PEOPLE reported she excitedly chatted and laughed with her companies as security guards kept visitors from taking pictures of the "Moonrise Kingdom" actress inside her glass box.
From candid footage taken by sneaky visitors, Swinton was seen lying comfortably with her eyes closed on a plain white bedding inside a big glass cube with a small crowd of people surrounding her. The British actress wore a casual number consisting of a light-blue shirt, jeans and trainers with black-rimmed eyeglasses lain nearby.
This isn't the first time 52-year-old Swinton was napping for museum patrons. The movie star first launched the exhibit in 1995 at the Serpentine Gallery in London, joining forces with Turner Prize-nominated artist Cornelia Parker. She then offered a second showing at the Museo Barracco in Rome a year later without Parker.
The work was described as "living artist, glass, steel, mattress, pillow, linen, water, and spectacles." The New York exhibit reportedly had carefully been planned since 2005, but there was no publicity or announcement made ahead of Swinton's appearance, even the staff at the museum didn't know it. "All that's in the box is cushions and a water jug," a source said.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7