'Breaking Bad' Script Missing After Thief Broke Into Bryan Cranston's Car
"Breaking Bad" script was stolen from Bryan Cranston's car on the show's set in New Mexico last year, authorities revealed on Monday, March 25. Xavier Macafee, a man who's accused of breaking into the actor's car has now been held on suspicion of burglary.
The Walter White of the AMC drama series reported the theft on March 1, alleging that someone broke his car window and snatched a shoulder bag from his vehicle which was parked at Sandia Peak on December 20. Other stuff reported missing were iPad and "miscellaneous personal items."
In court documents obtained by ABCNews.com, it's revealed that the suspect was tracked down after a confidential informant told one of Cranston's employees that he heard a man at a local bar boasting about how he broke into a vehicle in the Sandia Mountain Range. The man then reportedly showed his company "some type of laptop or iPad," while "describing how he also had a script from the 'Breaking Bad' series."
Macafee, 29, was arrested last Saturday and made his initial court appearance Monday. However, none of the stolen items have been found.
Neither AMC nor Cranston's representative has commented on the missing script.
"Breaking Bad" is filming the second part of its fifth and final season in and around Albuquerque. There's no date set yet for the show's return.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!