Vanessa Hudgens Debuts New Song '$$$ex' Featuring YLA
Disney-bred actress and singer Vanessa Hudgens returns to music this year after four long years with her new track "$$$ex" featuring YLA. The new song, inspired by her latest film "Spring Breakers", marks her recording comeback since she lovingly sang to ex-boyfriend Zac Efron in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" soundtrack back in 2008.
"It's been a while since I've released a track, so I'm so excited to share this with y'all! Last night I spent some time recording in the studio w/ Rock Mafia & YLA!" Hudgens wrote on her blog. "The song's inspired by SPRING BREAKERS!! Here it is: '$$$ex' - Vanessa Hudgens feat YLA!!"
In the new track, Hudgens waxes her new "good girl gone bad" image, something she acquired for her new movie with James Franco and Selena Gomez. The song is a far cry from the old tunes she used to sing - about cute boys and young love - something old fans should have expected when told it's inspired by her raunchy new flick.
The sexier, edgier Hudgens somewhat follows the recent path taken by co-star Gomez, who also dropped a new song, break-up anthem "Rule the World", reportedly about ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber. Both have shed their cute and wholesome Disney-honed image in an apparent move to grow into more mature roles as they enter their early twenties.
Vanessa Hudgens' "$$$ex" featuring YLA:
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences