Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience' Might Hit One Million Copies Debut
Just a couple of days after Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" album was projected to post a massive 800,000 debut on the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week, industry sources are now estimating that the pop/dance superstar's new album could even reach the one million mark in sales. The 32-year-old entertainer's studio set is said to sell as much as 950,000 to 975,000 copies by the end of the tracking week tonight.
No doubt, with such an impressive debut, JT is poised to clinch his second No. 1 album, which he has already secured as his "20/20" easily hit the 500,000 initial projections made two weeks ago. What everyone now is excitedly awaiting is if he manages to sell a million copies, something that will be revealed on Wednesday, March 27, when the Billboard 200 list comes out.
Although a 1M debut for the "Suit & Tie" singer doesn't manage to topple Taylor Swift's "Red" album's debut of 1.2 million back in November 2012, it's still an overwhelming feat for any artist since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Perhaps a more feasible record to be broken is Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" 964,000 copies from 2010, the highest sales week by an album from a male artist since 2010.
Undoubtedly, the singer/actor's latest commercial success not only is a fitting affirmation for all the hard work he has put into his latest work but a credible drumbeater to his second 2013 album. The "Mirrors" singer revealed last week that "20/20" was just the first of two parts that make up his entire comeback project this year.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs