Justin Timberlake's 'The 20/20 Experience' Might Hit One Million Copies Debut
Just a couple of days after Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience" album was projected to post a massive 800,000 debut on the Billboard Hot 200 chart this week, industry sources are now estimating that the pop/dance superstar's new album could even reach the one million mark in sales. The 32-year-old entertainer's studio set is said to sell as much as 950,000 to 975,000 copies by the end of the tracking week tonight.
No doubt, with such an impressive debut, JT is poised to clinch his second No. 1 album, which he has already secured as his "20/20" easily hit the 500,000 initial projections made two weeks ago. What everyone now is excitedly awaiting is if he manages to sell a million copies, something that will be revealed on Wednesday, March 27, when the Billboard 200 list comes out.
Although a 1M debut for the "Suit & Tie" singer doesn't manage to topple Taylor Swift's "Red" album's debut of 1.2 million back in November 2012, it's still an overwhelming feat for any artist since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Perhaps a more feasible record to be broken is Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter IV" 964,000 copies from 2010, the highest sales week by an album from a male artist since 2010.
Undoubtedly, the singer/actor's latest commercial success not only is a fitting affirmation for all the hard work he has put into his latest work but a credible drumbeater to his second 2013 album. The "Mirrors" singer revealed last week that "20/20" was just the first of two parts that make up his entire comeback project this year.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'