New 'World War Z' Trailer: Brad Pitt Faces the End of Humanity
Paramount Pictures debuts a new trailer for its upcoming apocalyptic horror film "World War Z". Delivered in two minutes, the footage unveils a deeper reason why Brad Pitt's character Gerry Lane needs to rush himself to stop the zombie attack.
Lane, who is portrayed as a loving family man, is involved in an impossible task to fight the countless zombies. However, this task requires him to leave his family since he needs to traverse the world. "I can't leave my family," he says to a navy captain. Not believing what he just hears, the captain gives a serious look and says, "What we talk about [is] the end of humanity."
The preview highlights Lane's search for the answer to stop the zombie pandemic. Scenes of zombies wildly launching themselves to plane passengers and acting like predatory animals are also included in the video.
"World War Z" is an apocalyptic horror film directed by Marc Forster and written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. Based on Max Brooks's novel of the same name, it follows a United Nation employee named Gerry Lane who travels around the world to try and find a cure for the zombie virus and save his family and the world. The cast also includes Mireille Enos, David Morse, Matthew Fox and James Badge Dale.
In addition to the trailer, Paramount Pictures has just released the film's new poster that features a horde of zombies piled high as they attack a helicopter in flight. "World War Z" is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 21.
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'