New 'World War Z' Trailer: Brad Pitt Faces the End of Humanity
Paramount Pictures debuts a new trailer for its upcoming apocalyptic horror film "World War Z". Delivered in two minutes, the footage unveils a deeper reason why Brad Pitt's character Gerry Lane needs to rush himself to stop the zombie attack.
Lane, who is portrayed as a loving family man, is involved in an impossible task to fight the countless zombies. However, this task requires him to leave his family since he needs to traverse the world. "I can't leave my family," he says to a navy captain. Not believing what he just hears, the captain gives a serious look and says, "What we talk about [is] the end of humanity."
The preview highlights Lane's search for the answer to stop the zombie pandemic. Scenes of zombies wildly launching themselves to plane passengers and acting like predatory animals are also included in the video.
"World War Z" is an apocalyptic horror film directed by Marc Forster and written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. Based on Max Brooks's novel of the same name, it follows a United Nation employee named Gerry Lane who travels around the world to try and find a cure for the zombie virus and save his family and the world. The cast also includes Mireille Enos, David Morse, Matthew Fox and James Badge Dale.
In addition to the trailer, Paramount Pictures has just released the film's new poster that features a horde of zombies piled high as they attack a helicopter in flight. "World War Z" is set to hit U.S. theaters on June 21.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed