No Farewell Tour in Sight for My Chemical Romance After Breakup Announcement
When alternative rock band My Chemical Romance released their latest album "Conventional Weapons" last month, fans were hoping that the Gerard Way-fronted group would hold a concert tour to support the new compilation. Now that the band members have announced that they're going their separate ways for good, followers are awaiting any chance that the band will go on one last tour before they finally say goodbye.
In an official statement released to the press and posted on their website last weekend, the New Jersey rock band announced they would no longer be making music together. "Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end," they stated.
The band, formed back in 2001, recounted the experiences they've racked up over the past twelve years, of being in "places we never knew we would" to seeing "things we never imagined possible", and most of all sharing with "people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends" their successful musical career. "Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure," they concluded.
Prior to their disbandment, My Chemical Romance released four studio recordings, the most recent being their 2010 release "Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys". Their platinum-reaching hits and numerous live performances truly make their lead vocalist Way beam as he tweeted, "Beyond any sadness, what I feel the most is pride."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger