Kim Kardashian Gets Acupuncture Needles Stuck on Her Face for 'Relaxing' Session
Kim Kardashian shared on her Instagram a picture of her face stuck with acupuncture needles on Sunday, March 24. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star wrote, "Oh just relaxing." The picture shows 18 needles sticking out on her cheeks, neck and also some parts near her hair line. She looks calm and relaxed with her eyes closing.
According to Daily Mail, acupuncture is recommended for pregnant women who want to avoid drugs to ease morning sickness or relieve stress. However, the star who once said that she would not try facelift for her beauty treatment might be using acupuncture to maintain her beauty because the needles were stuck on her face, including her cheeks.
Martha Lucas Ph.D LAc said in WebMD, "Acupuncture is designed to free up chi, or energy. When the needles - approximately 30-40 - are applied to the body and face, production of collagen and elastin may be stimulated, which results in the skin looking 'plumped up.' It helps your own body create a more youthful appearance." She added, "Cosmetic acupuncture is a good alternative for women who don't want the side effects associated with a surgical facelift."
To maintain her appearance, Kanye West's girlfriend tried having facial treatment using blood in an episode of "Kourtney and Kim Take Miami" a few weeks ago. The painful method required some blood drawn from her arm and then the platelets were injected back on the face. "The growth factors in the platelet rich plasma reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin's tone and texture," Dr. Sam Lam, a plastic surgeon based in Dallas, explained.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge