Kim Kardashian Gets Acupuncture Needles Stuck on Her Face for 'Relaxing' Session
Kim Kardashian shared on her Instagram a picture of her face stuck with acupuncture needles on Sunday, March 24. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star wrote, "Oh just relaxing." The picture shows 18 needles sticking out on her cheeks, neck and also some parts near her hair line. She looks calm and relaxed with her eyes closing.
According to Daily Mail, acupuncture is recommended for pregnant women who want to avoid drugs to ease morning sickness or relieve stress. However, the star who once said that she would not try facelift for her beauty treatment might be using acupuncture to maintain her beauty because the needles were stuck on her face, including her cheeks.
Martha Lucas Ph.D LAc said in WebMD, "Acupuncture is designed to free up chi, or energy. When the needles - approximately 30-40 - are applied to the body and face, production of collagen and elastin may be stimulated, which results in the skin looking 'plumped up.' It helps your own body create a more youthful appearance." She added, "Cosmetic acupuncture is a good alternative for women who don't want the side effects associated with a surgical facelift."
To maintain her appearance, Kanye West's girlfriend tried having facial treatment using blood in an episode of "Kourtney and Kim Take Miami" a few weeks ago. The painful method required some blood drawn from her arm and then the platelets were injected back on the face. "The growth factors in the platelet rich plasma reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin's tone and texture," Dr. Sam Lam, a plastic surgeon based in Dallas, explained.
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture